Our objective is to change http://optimizerinvest.com/ into something more clean, modern, digitally interactive and something that holds our content better. We need to look like we are serious investors in the tech space. We have a strong portfolio of highly successful companies and this needs to be show cased. We are always on the hunt for the next best start up so that needs to be clear as well.
The initial idea was to go for something clean and very gv.com like.. so white but strong bright and bold colours… not a gv copy.
When it comes to ‘digital features and looking clean’ we look for things like:
- Maybe a nifty top graphics on the front page https://eqtventures.com/
- Load and slides on this page: http://www.weareunconquered.co/
- Movement within images, and tilting video boxes on hover as in https://www.thrills.com/
- Strong bold quotes that not just look like normal text: http://www.zcreativelabs.com/
- Bold titles, strong colours, cool way of placing text next to video: https://www.bloomberg.com/europe
- Rolling numbers that count upwards, not just static icons when it comes to our numbers… (ps. We have more stats)
- Hoverovers tiles that either flip or at least highlight when they are viewed, similar to what we have on the team page but could be better.
- Clear content, Look at the timeline clear indicators, nicely spaced content https://techcrunch.com/
We've been through the design process with a freelancer already which resulted in this... http://sandbox.optimizerinvest.com/. We are not happy with this, it lacks consistency, polish, and above all it lacks personality and branding and a little of tech love.