This is for a site re-design for a jewelry designer who specializes in one-of-a-kind gold jewelry. His clients are "high-end" buyers who don't mind dropping a chunk of change for a piece of custom jewelry, so he wants something that's "clean and elegant."
Ben Dyer Jewelry
We're starting a re-design project for a local custom jewelry designer, and we're looking for a one-page design for his new site.
Ben's old site was a do-it-yourself'er, and it was made several years ago. He still loves the colors, but recognizes the design is out-dated and that the site is a tad difficult to navigate.
He has a number of customers who still keep in touch through the web site, so he wants to get a more modern, classy site online soon.
Ben's target client is typically of baby-boomer age, and is someone who doesn't mind paying for custom-designed gold jewelry. So he's really hoping for a look and feel that:
- appeals to people of baby-boomer origins
- accentuates the "look and feel" of his custom designed jewelry pieces
- is elegantYou can view the old site at http://bendyerjewelry.com/. I'm not sure if this is helpful, but it does give you an idea as what his business is about.
While Ben likes the colors of the old site, he's not married to them, so don't feel restricted if your creative juices started flowing in another color direction. I personally would applaud any efforts at breaking away from these colors... :)
Into the Client's Psyche...
Sometimes it's helpful to know what a client likes or doesn't like so you can get a feel as to the 'flavor' of the design they prefer. While we don't want to duplicate any of these designs, here are few designs Ben has indicated he likes:
- http://hillsboroughacupuncture.com/ - this is actually a site we just finished up for Ben's other business. If you look at this one, you'll see one of his custom jewelry pieces in this design.
- http://www.edlevinjewelry.com/ - these guys are much bigger than Ben, so he's not looking to duplicate their site, but he loves the look
- Final delivery should be a layered psd or png file, please!
- The name of the business is Ben Dyer Jewelry. His tagline is "Designer Goldsmith"
- You can get sample photos of his work and logo at http://188.8.131.52/~bendyerj/design/, if that's helpful
- The background color of the content area needs to match the background color of the his jewelry photos (found at the link above). Other than that, there are no color restrictions
- Do include his logo in your mockup (http://184.108.40.206/~bendyerj/desig…20logo.pdf) - he'll definitely want to see that.
- Possible menu items, if you want to use them, are: Home, About Ben, One of a Kind Pieces, Browse Ben's Designs (or something like that), Galleries, Shows, Contact Ben.
- If I've missed anything, just ask and I'll provide any additional info you need.