We are an early stage evergreen venture fund based in Silicon Valley that’s invested about $100 million since our inception in 1996. We’ve had 4 successful IPOs and 7 acquisitions in addition to 14 companies in our current portfolio. Our start-ups have achieved significantly higher than average returns compared to the average venture fund.
We are very selective in the companies we invest in…only about 2 out of every 100 that are reviewed and considered. We have global contacts and knowledge and play a very active role in our portfolio companies.
We focus primarily on technology enabled consumer and business services. Most of our team has worked together for almost a decade and as a result is very cohesive.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
We want to attract entrepreneurs seeking funding and convince them Thomvest Ventures is the right business partner needed for their success.
We believe these select entrepreneurs will be attracted to Thomvest compared to other venture funds for several key reasons, including:
- 70% of our funded ventures have had successful exit events – a success rate well above the average venture fund
- Our evergreen funding means we’re not limited by capital restrictions related to fund size or the lifecycle of a fund
- We treat our business partners the way we would want to be treated (i.e. mutual respect, timely communication, etc.)
We want the Thomvest website to reflect the personality of our firm (confident, caring and flexible). In addition, the website should:
- Make it easy to learn about what we do, who we are and how we conduct business
- Highlight what makes Thomvest different (and better) compared to other venture funds
- Highlight the CEO’s of the companies we invest in as well as the companies they manage (pictures, logos, summary of what they do, URL’s, etc)
- Be visually appealing and simple – not too complex or complicated
- Include news feeds and social media updates on the website (i.e. Twitter feeds, Linked In updates, etc)
- Very clear on our selection criteria and how to get in touch with us for additional information
- What we don’t want on our website: anything that’s related to negative imagery associated with VC’s (i.e. stacks of dollar bills, gold, men in suits with ties, etc); instead, it should be people oriented and celebrate our CEO’s, their companies and the cutting edge technology they are creating and utilizing to build their business (and the overall economy)
- Utilize Thomvest logo (need to insert here)
Number of pages
Home - We like Ycombinator's use of a slideshow on the front page
Companies - This will be to showcase the companies that we have invested in. We like trueventures' layout.
Team - We would like to use Icons for our team members rather than photos. The information for Bios can be found on our current website. We also like azure capital's team member layout. Information such as board membersip, twitter/linkedin account, and bio is important.
News (open to a different title) - We have created a linkedin page, twitter account, and Facebook fan page and would like to have the updates propagate this page in an interactive way. We are also looking to have our portfolio company's social media accounts plug in and update this as well.
About Us - General information regarding Thomvest Ventures
Contact - We only would like the contact information for Redwood Shores, not the other two locations listed on the current website