Okay, first the boring stuff.
* The winning design should be 1000px wide or less.
* The winning design should be delivered in a layered Photoshop or Fireworks file
* If you use stock photos in the design, it's fine to use the low quality sample version. Just let us know where the stock photo came from so we can purchase the high quality version after your design wins!
Now, on to the good stuff! What should it look like?
* Most nursing assistants are female, so the design should be created with that in mind.
* You'll be designing the home page, then we'll design the secondary pages to match your home page design. Here's what we want to see on the home page:
1. Menu, which should include: Home, Stories, Interviews, CNA Workplaces, Blog, Send Your Story, Resources, About Us
2. Highlights/links to the stories and testimonials that have been submitted.
3. An invitation for visitors to submit their own story
ETA: 4. Fairy visible "Sponsored By" section to display rotating banner ads (or perhaps static thumbnail logos).
[Here are links to a couple of sponsors:
The client likes the following sites, especially the way they link to feature stories:
The client has supplied a jpg version of the logo, so go ahead and use that in your design (sorry, we don't have a vector version), but the client is not tied to the colors in the logo, so feel free to use other colors.
UPDATE: Updated logo posted 04/26
Some testimonials and photos are being supplied to use in the design concept.