MaestroMarket is a VC-backed startup in San Francisco. We are planning to start with this homepage redesign, and hope that the winning designer will be able to help us with future web design projects.
1. HOMEPAGE (current homepage: http://www.maestromarket.com)
Our current homepage does not tell the story of what we and who we are very clearly. Our users want to know what they can do who see better examples of expertise they can book. Our experts want to know why they should list themselves.
- Add better category and person/offering features. Entice a user to click to a category page or user profile.
- Remove big search bar from main homepage section (on current live site). Takes up too much real estate and doesn't help tell the story.
- Keep the design in the current working design (if you feel the need to change the top-nav or icons/logos, feel free to do so as long as it fits within the existing design)
- Get rid of background image and replace with new image or design. Users don't get it.
- Keep the design super simple and beautiful. We like big buttons and things that work on mobile as well as web from a design perspective.
- Add some interactive elements.
2. CATEGORY PAGE (https://www.maestromarket.com/categories/food)
- The custom offering title is most important and it currently gets lost.
- The featured expert takes up too much real estate at top of page
- Page is a bit boring
- New design needs to fit into existing site design but feel free to update top nav, icons, background image, etc.
Attached is the font used for the logo. We don't have high-res version.
I'll also attach the lo-res version. Future contract work for logo, obviously! Thanks.