Spamly is a brand new concept in searching. We are looking for talented designers to create a minimalist homepage. We don't need coding just layered PSD files. We give site examples and feedback to guide you, but bear with us as we're in Europe in a different time zone.
Thehomepage should drive people to search by expressing themselvesfully. Instead of inputting single search terms, we want ourcustomers to speak their mind freely by writing entire paragraphs ifthey wish. The dominant component on the page therefore, should be abig text box – imagine Google's homepage with a bigger, widersearch/query box. In terms of design though, we prefer http://www.cuil.com to Google. Try being radical in terms of layout if it works. We like standing out of the crowd.
- A minimalist clean look is essential.
- We want the colours to be a mix of red, greys, black and white inspired by our logo. HOWEVER if you can be do amazing things by including colour go for it.
- We're open to considering use of photography, but if you do this keep it simple e.g. one big photo as opposed to several small images. We recommend http://www.us.fotolia.com for its low cost.
- Here are some examples of styles we like to get you inspired (but remember avoid using Flash):
- Spamly logo. Refer to the 'Identity Manual' (PDF file on http://spamly.com/99designs/corpora…ntity.pdf) for our logo.
- Our big bold statement ' Spamly = the power to search for exactly what you need'
- A 'How It Works' graphic with 4 simple points:
1. Select your field.
2. Express yourself freely.
3. Submit your search.
4. Get your results.
- A short quote testimonial example e.g. ''Fabulous!''– this is optional to add.
- A list of our 5 benefits (This is an OPTIONAL component)
- It's free!
-Search even further.
- Get the best results.
- A 'select your field' box. When this is clicked a menu of fields appears as an overlay. Once the field is selected the 'select your field' box shows the field chosen. Refer to the 'Select your field button' (jpeg file on http://spamly.com/99designs/select_field.jpg) to see what we want in terms of design.
- Below the 'select your field' button will be the large text box, as described at the beginning of the brief.
- A space needs to be left next to the 'text box' to allow for 'helpful hints 'to appear. The space should be considerable, enough for 150 words/1000 characters. These hints will only appear once a field has been selected from the menu. The hints could therefore replace another component that appears when a customer first lands on the home page, such as the list of our 5 benefits, the testimonial or the 'How It Works'.
- Below the text box we need a field for the customer to quantify the number of search results they want:
The total number of results I want is ______________ Maximum
Only the best matches
Allhigh and medium matches
- Below this we need users to input their email and password in order to submit their search. There will be a New User email and password field AND an Existing User email and password field (4 fields in total). For existing users there needs to be a 'forgot your password?' link .
- A big 'Search' button.
- Design for 1024 x 768. Should be able to expand, shrink in proportion to screen size.
- No Flash.
- Must provide PhotoShop files with layers and any fonts used.
- Use text images where possible.
- Try and keep things above the fold especially the search button.
- We like white space, keep it uncluttered.
- It should look like a search engine with an added feature of selecting your field before you input your query, and then just specifying the amount of the results required and your email before you go spamly (search).
- Uncluttered look, clean and minimal
- Try to stick to reds, black, white, greys but if someone can do something with colour that works we're open to that.
- Be very creative and original. We don't want traditional boring layouts.
- People to imagine their ideal search engine.
- Anything that requires Flash
- Any copy/paste, unoriginal