Design a single splash page, including original graphics, for a new web startup that is currently live and in beta. This is just a start page, NOT a home page. It does not need standard navigation features and links. It will be a launch pad for the first step into the site.
We need a compelling, exciting splash page for first time visitors to our site. This is going to be our first impression to new users and must pique their curiosity, clearly communicate what the site is about with minimal information, and invite and encourage them to come in, learn more, and become members of our community.
Our company, HourVille, is an online marketplace for anything that can be priced by-the-hour: services, rentals, classes, places. Our users are buyers and sellers of the hourly services, rentals, classes and places.This should be obvious on the splash page.
Sellers create profiles with descriptions, pictures, video, documents and their online schedule. Buyers are able to see the sellers services, prices, credentials, reviews and ratings, and book the sellers online right though the schedule in the sellers' profiles.
It may be helpful to register and set up a profile at HourVille as it will help you understand more intimately what the site is about and the available tools and features.
As a web startup ourselves we are excited and happy to support 99designs and its designer community!
- Vector format
- Clean & minimalist
- Original graphics and/or icons (ok to use conventional images like a magnifying glass for search, but they must be original)
- The logo and color scheme must be consistent with the current logo and color scheme (see http://www.hourville.com)
- Web 2.0 look and feel
- Convey a message to both buyers and sellers to explain the most important features and what they can do at HourVille
- Sellers can- Create a profile/set up shop with their description, pics, video, documents
- List their services
- Advertise on other sites using an embeddable 'BOOK ME' button that links back to their profile
- Get booked right through their shop via an online scheduling application
- And finally get paid using PayPal/Google (OK to use the PayPal/Google logo as appropriate)
- Buyers can - Search service listings (local search)
- Compare seller credentials, profiles, ratings
- Book a seller instantly
- Pay online via PayPal/Google
- Leave reviews
- Unoriginal graphics or icons
- Excessive use of text or images
- Anything generic or uninspired
- Confusing or unintuitive imagery
- Trite, obvious, or typical images