Excellent developers, very helpful and easy to work with. Quick response time.
How interviewtips started their web page design journey
Who are you known as?
Everyday Interview Tips
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Our website provides information and advice to help people prepare for a job interview. The information is extensive and mainly delivered in a blog format.
Primary target market is university/college graduates and job switchers. Secondary target market is mums returning to work from maternity leave and those made redundant in their current role.
• They are looking for a specific answer to their online search query.
• They most likely have an interview coming up in less than a week and are short on time. They go online to search for last minute tips and advice to make sure they are prepared now that they have a deadline.
• They do not want to browse through lots of content. They want to be able to find the information they need easily.
• They are feeling stressed and landing on a site with lots of content makes them feel more stressed and overwhelmed.
Our objective is to make the user think we've already done the work for them.
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
What do you have in mind for the style and theme of the web page?
Colours - these need to be unisex in their appeal. It would be nice to develop a palette of 3-4 colours used on the site which we could then use on infographics, buttons etc..Please see the finalised logo for the site which is attached. It would be nice to pick up on some of the colours used in the speech bubbles on the tree.
Shapes - I like the use of rounded corners on buttons and image spaces. I think it softens the design a bit.
Illustrations - this will include a mixture of photography (mainly of people without showing their faces) and photography of objects such as laptops, desks etc. There will also be graphics which will incorporate the website palette.
Typography - we would like a recommendation for 2 fonts that pair well together. The header copy and the body copy should be different and they compliment each other.
Creative for Homepage – This site is all about job interview tips content where a new article is published almost daily. The homepage needs to feature the latest blog post as the highlight, including relevant call to action to join, download PDF, and also a bio to give the credibility.
- Subscribe social widgets, our other social media.
- Join newsletters with field to enter email. It may be good to include this near or with the Bio widget.
- The site will have free PDF eBooks and paid PDF eBooks. So we will need strong call to action promotional space for eBooks, one for free eBooks and one for paid eBooks.
Things we will need to consider are:
- A profile/bio area on who runs the site (example - see fat mum slim site).
- How to best highlight each separate post. See how HubSpot site has displayed all their posts with each post at the top, including social buttons for immediate sharing.
- The site is about offering interview tips, so tips and motivational quotes would work well. We need an area we can feature thought or quote of the day like HubSpot site.
- It may be worth considering a larger piece of real estate for the latest blog post to really give it prominence then uniform smaller sections for all the others.
What to avoid
Too much floating without enough anchor points
Clutter without clear definition
Content management theme Canvas powered by Word Press.