Great job on a simple, clean, yet stunning design, and the designer was so good to work with. He asked good questions to clarify our intent before submitting any designs, and he asked good questions all along the way to make sure he was going in the direction we wanted. He also took input from our team really well, making it in some ways a joint design experience. It was so obvious he was the right one for us that we quickly eliminated all other designers so we could focus our work with him. No problems with this designer - we would definitely work with him again.
How APG started their web page design journey
Another perfect gift provides great gift ideas and gift reminders for every shopper. We offer premium, high quality products from hundreds of merchants.
Another Perfect Gift
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We are looking for a clean, professional design with a good use ofwhite space and a feeling of excellence. This professional designshould include a header and left hand navigation as well as a center"featured" area and right hand alternate selections. A good examplesite would be http://www.gifts.com. No coding, design only. Winner will get more work for additional graphics when site is launched. A basic logo can reside in the top left hand corner as there will be another contest for that. We like green as a color choice, but are open to others as well.
- Clean professional header no more then 100px in height
- Good use of white space
- Left hand navigation around 175px wide with clean and readable categories links
- Featured product or category selection in the middle with alternate choices on the right hand side
- Attractive but simple color choices
- Footer split into 4 areas with spots for site policies, trust logos, advertising specials and gift reminders
- Designed for 1024x768 with scroll bar, not smaller, not larger!
- Thumbnail images for featured products can be 150x150 or 180x145
- No italics or hard to read fonts in the category links
- No bulky or cluttered images used in header
- No bright or crazy color choices
- No dark background colors
- Not too many colors
- No horizontal scroll bars!