Pleasure working with the winning designer and all the finalists. It is a shame we could not elected all of them.
How JPogar started their stationery journey
Up to a challenge? This is not your average nail salon! We're opening a new business where upscale clientele (women) will come for manicures, pedicures and to socialize. We're unique in that we will offer a full bar and serve cocktails while clients are having manicures.
Nails and Cocktails
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We're looking for a combination of a great logo and business card design for a new nail salon in the Denver, CO area. The idea is that this will not only be a place of beauty, but a comfortable place for women to relax and socialize. The scene is very "posh" catering to upscale women. Our primary demographic is women, age 21-50, from affluent families. We have tried a few local designers but they just didn't come up with anything that said "wow" when we saw it, that's why we're posting this opportunity to find the true creatives out there. I had this mental image of a wine glass and a hand somehow incorporated in a simple logo....but use your imagination...that was just my initial thought.
- Clean and simple design. I tend to like contemporary art styles where less is more.
- Please design the card with rounded corners.
- Obviously, the business name / logo should appear on the card. Please use "Nails and Cocktails" as the business name.
- The tag line is "Pamper your nails, relax your soul", please incorporate that.
- Have room on the card for name, title, address, city, state, zip, phone, cell phone and website address.
- Color scheme and layout is completely up to the designer, have fun! I do like color but don't over do it.
- Please use the "TM" trademark symbol on the logo design.
- Logo design should be easy to reproduce and scale well for use in print or on the web at various sizes.
- Deliverable should be a vector based Illustrator file.
- Something everyone else has done, please be original;
- I don't want a "busy" design;
- No use of "cartoons" or generic clipart.