*** UPDATE: use some top baby product designs for ideas and concepts, something a young mother would love - more mellow, no loud fonts and style that looks cluttered.
Box dieline/style : attached dieline file from factory
For this packaging we want a 2-sided printing design - one for inside and one for the outside of the box.
For the outside of the box:
(a) Front side of packaging
- On the front cover of the box include image of the device. Try adding an image of a mother with her baby, resembles motherly-love, smiles, harmony, but don't be limited by it. Do try other style without it (e.g. clean and techy design, minimalism)
- create a tag with text to highlight top feature of product: High Precision Sensor
- product subtitle: Forehead or eardrum detection
- bullets to highlight key product features: (1) easy to use and accurate (2) 1 second measurement time (3) non-contact (4) silent mode (5) Fever Alert (6) FDA & CE approved
(b) Left Side of packaging (middle section of dieline)
- Include a block of text -> A percentage of each sale goes towards the charity of your choice. Don’t forget to check the information inside and submit your selection or your sale’s donation will be lost.
- Here I would include two blocks of text of the 2 charities we work with: March of Dimes and Postpatrum Support International (PSI).
(a) March of Dimes - Since 1938, this world’s leading non-profit had been promoting the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth, and infant mortality; especially focused on the issue of prematurity. They do a lot of education and research on prematurity prevention and solving medical issues for infants born prematurely. Check their website and get involved through volunteer opportunities that you can do with the whole family. There is a search tool on their website to find an event near you. https://www.marchofdimes.org
(b) Postpatrum Support International (PSI) - Postpartum depression is one of the most dangerous risks to women who have had a baby. Unfortunately, it's also one of the least treated and recognized because there's still so much we don't understand about it. PSI, founded in 1987, is dedicated to assist mothers suffering from pregnant or perinatal and postnatal mood disorders, which includes postpartum depression and more. They offer training, resources, and active help to these women worldwide. Check their website to become a member, find a training event, attend their annual conference, or find help if you are a mother in need. http://www.postpartum.net
(c) Most Right side of dieline (right flap of cover)
- Create symbols/ stamps for each of the following to highlight other features: (1) Clinical Accuracy (2) Object & Room Measurement (3) 35 Readings Memory Recall (4) Bonus Display Dock & Travel Pouch (5) Recommended by Doctors & Pediatricians (6) Perfect Gift Item
- Leave space at the bottom for a few logos (e.g. CE, FDA, ROHS, recycle) and barcode+made in china
- Leave space for two images illustrating product in action (will provide later)
(d) Most Left side flap of dieline (inner right flap when box opened)
Include a “stop” icon or any warning type of sign and the following text next to it: Did you forget about the charity? Please check the card inside the box to get information on how to submit your choice. REMEMBER the donation attached to this sale will be lost without a submission. Thank you!
(e) Back side of packaging
- Include brief intro text followed by the user story/testimonial: Do you have a baby who can’t hold still to take his temperature or you don’t want to wake him up when he’s asleep? Did you know most kids find it intrusive to have their temperature taken with regular thermometers? Then you need a quick and easy solution to take accurate readings for your infant and toddler.
- Include user story/testimonial: “We just had a baby with some complications and needed a reliable thermometer to use daily. This 3-in-1 thermometer detects forehead, ear, object and room temperature. I can also check the temperature of heated milk before feeding my child without having to worry about it being too hot or cold. Our wiggly 2 year-old toddler doesn’t mind we take her temperature with a quick scan on the forehead. I can also turn the sound off which is non-invasive when the baby is sleeping which works great for my infant and toddler. I get an accurate and consistent reading and it’s easy to use. The company included a beautiful display dock which makes it more convenient so that I always know where I put the thermometer. The extra travel pouch comes in handy to take it in my baby diaper bag for on the go use. I love this! I’m sure this gives new mom peace of mind. I bought another one as a baby shower gift for a co-worker.”
- Followed by the above big block of text is ending with the user’s names: Jessica & David, Alabama, United States. Also include a space for the picture of them next to the signature as well.
- Leave some space for company info and website url
For the inside of the box:
(f) For the Inside of cover flap (directly behind front cover on dieline)
- The background color theme resonates outside. Please add a block of text: Fever Fact. Did You Know...? How high the temperature is not as important as how fast it rises. The degree itself doesn’t reflect how sick your child is. A febrile seizure can be triggered if a temperature rises from a normal temperature to a fever rapidly, usually within an hour. These convulsions usually last for a few minutes. Although not common, once children have had a febrile seizure, they’re more likely to have another one in the future. Unfortunately, it is unpreventable — there’s no slowing down once the temperature rises quickly. It seems frightening but febrile seizures: (a) usually end without treatment (b) cause no other health issues (c) don’t mean a child will have brain damage or epilepsy.”
(e) Flap directly under front cover on dieline (inside)
- Include footnote small print of the text block -> **Information printed on this box is for reference purposes only and it not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect there is a medical problem.”
(f) Flap directly on the right of front cover on dieline (inside)
- Also include a “stop” icon or any warning type of sign and the following text next to it (same as the outter right side of packaging: “Don’t forget to claim your free fingertip pulse oximeter! Simply visit the link (space for link here) to get yours now.” Leave a small space to include image of the item next to it - I will provide afterwards the final image but just keep in mind that should work somehow in the design.
Thank you and looking forward to check your designs!