How Sonoma Habitat started their print or packaging design journey
Habitat for Humanity of Sonoma County
Habitat for Humanity of Sonoma County is an affiliate of the world wide non profit whose mission is to build modest, affordable family homes in partnership with our communities and families in need. We are located in located in Wine Country, California, north of San Francisco. Go to http://www.sonomacountyhabitat.org for more information.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Our supporters are residents of Sonoma County who help by volunteering on our build projects, buying low cost building materials from our ReStore, and participating in fundraising events like the up coming Golf-A-Thon. This postcard will be mailed to 4,000 individuals living in our county who have previously contacted Habitat International. Thus they are familiar with the organization, but not with our affiliate. An additional 3,200 will go to all the members of the four Chambers of Commerce in our area.
The purpose of the postcard is to update the recipients of new things happening this spring. More details for all these activities are available on our website, so the card should drive people there for more information.
The most important requirement is to polish the layouts we drafted. Improvements are expected, but major deviations will not fly.
1. The size is approximate. Make it as large as possible (2 up on letter paper) using the required allowances for color bleed and trimming.
2. We will select a final design by noon. Complete the work by 3 pm PST, Thursday Feb 18.
3. Prepare the file in a format for the printers (see #9) and a jpg file.
4. Fonts must be from the list provided in the Logo Guidelines book, page 17+
5. Colors must be from the same, page 23+
6. Use the Website Design book for guidance on white space, no shadows on photos, and other details.
7. Add other elements to make it crisp and professional
8. Back of card will need required space for the printed bulk stamp (we will provide the permit number in the morning) and an address lable per USPS rules.
9. Go to http://www.uprinting.com for details of the file preparation. Select Help -> File Preparation Checklist -> Jobs with Mailings
10. Graphic example shown in file of tagline "Building Homes. Building Hope." is optional.
NOTE: We hope to end the contest by noon PST on Thursday so the final design can be prepared by 3:00. i will monitor the submittals until midnight PST (tonight) and resume at 6 am Thursday. I am an accountant, not a graphic designer, but I will give lots of comments to make best use of your time.