How Mindy started their print or packaging design journey
I am launching a new business and need a postcard that can be passed out at small trade-show type events. The purpose of the postcard is to drive traffic to the website and to provide a discount incentive to do so. The target market is comprised of photographers, so it is a discerning crowd with good taste who must be wowed with great, clean attention grabbing design.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Hi there, I'm Mindy, a professional photogapher (www.msonshine.com). I own several other businesses, one of which is just launching, http://www.ultimatesonshine.com. Ultimate Sonshine sells online educational opportunities and cool templates (called "Yummy Stuff") to other professional photographers - mostly wedding and portrait photographers. This postcard is intended to inspire the recipient to go check out the website - primarily using the Yummy Stuff templates and a discount code as the draw.
The main purpose is to entice the photographer into action to actually log onto the new website, so the design must be fresh, clean, yet also have a sense of action and excitement.
- The design must use the general ultimate sonshine logo, but the layout and placement of the logo can be altered to fit best into the postcard.
- The postcard will be two-sided, 5x7
- Everything should have a fresh and modern feel. Bright over dark and moody. Happy. Upbeat. "YUMMY" Feel free to use color generously if called for.
- I have a virtually unlimited supply of photos that can be used for the design - let me know what you may need
- This is my absolute first time using this site so don't hesitate to ask questions, or let me know what else I might need to do to get a great product
- I am also seeking a long term relationship with a designer who can produce many more pieces for me, including email promotions.
- If reasonable, I would love the finished product in a .psd file so I can more easily make my own changes if need be.
- logo file is available at http://www.mindysonshine.com/ultima…nelogo.zip - feel free to make changes as necessary to suit your design
- Nothing cheesy, nothing "dated", no cartoons, stick figures or other drawn graphics.
- Nothing too corporate or dry
- postcard is not for mailing, so no room needs to be left open for that purpose