Corporate Brochure - B2B, Technical
ChicagoEngineer needed a new print or packaging
design and created a contest on 99designs.
A winner was selected from 102 designs submitted by 25 freelance designers.
How ChicagoEngineer started their print or packaging design journey
Brochure design for a specialized technology company. We provide engineering and software services to a variety of manufacturing, industrial laboratories and product development companies and need a brochure that reflects our high degree of professionalism and capabilities.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
This project is for an eight page corporate brochure.
We have the preliminary copy and basic layout created - see http://www.dmcinfo.com/portals/0/Do…ctures.pdf
(note - disregard the colors and positioning of the text)
and would like someone to take that information and put it into a great brochure that would appeal to engineers and mid-level executives at mid to large sized companies.
DMC is an engineering and software development company that provides custom solutions to a wide range of industries utilizing a vast array of technologies. Fundamentally we write software and design control systems for things that interact with the "real" world - e.g. control systems for a packaging machine, test automation for a battery powered car, custom control board for a consumer product, etc.
Please see our website (http://www.dmcinfo.com) for the type of work we do and case studies section of our website to get an idea of type of projects.
1. Must look very professional - needs to convey an image of a company that someone can trust with a million dollar project
2. Must be technical yet not too techie
3. Clean - white space is good
4. Must be complimentary to our web site - it probably won't be an exact duplicate but should have kinda-sorta the same look and feel
5. Royalty Stock photos from the inexpensive sites (shutterstock, istockphoto, etc) with all rights assigned to DMC - can use any of the images from our existing site as we have all of the rights to them.
6. An easily editable format that we can modify as we see fit.
7. Ideally this would be created in MS Publisher format - if not, please specify which program you will deliver the project in.
8. Would defintiely appreciate any changes to copy
The layout of the brochure is as below. Again, reference
(Feel free to deviate from this if you feel it will improve the piece)
Cover - want some sort of clean, techie-type background & just company name & the tagline "Providing Effective & Reliable Solutions"
Page 2 (inside front cover) - image or images for each of the three technology areas.
Page 3 - Company overview page - maybe a shot or array of photos for the city of Chicago or maybe a photo array of technologies or maybe a photos of people or maybe something else altogether
Pages 4-5 (centerspread) - right now considering 4 columns:
1. Just a general overview, kind of tying our expertise together: Indusrtries, technologies, processes. Also - want a graphic created for Project Development Lifecycle (probably circular)
2. Manufacturing Automation & Intelligence - maybe some photos above that are related to this
3. Test & Measurement Automation - again, with some relevant photos
4. Custom Software Development - once again, with photos
Page 6 - our overall value proposition - maybe people for photos here - not quite sure what it would look like
Page 7 (inside back cover) - sort of wrap things up here, Maybe photos that represent each of our technology areas
Page 8 (back cover) - the graphic would ideally continue from front cover when piece is laid down flat. Not alot of text - just basic contact info.
• A theme that pigeon holes us into one industry or technology
• Anything that is too "cartoonish"
We've found some similar contests you might like