An Indie Software Co
We are building an application for an ebook reader that will show the current weather and 5 day forecast. It is a simple "at a glance" application similar in concept to what is found on many smartphones and similar devices.
We need your help to make this look really nice, given the constraints of the device with its greyscale screen. We have included a mockup to get you started, along with some specific requirements of the images required (e.g. sunshine, rainclouds etc).
After we're done with this, we will need a cover designed as a separate job. We would like to hire the winner to do that also as an extra item if you agree.
Many thanks! We look forward to your creative entries and, as always, we will provide lots of feedback to all of you.
The target audience is ebook owners that wish to know the current weather and forecast is for a location they specify. They should be able to see at a glance the general forecast as well as see the details (such as predicted high and low temperature).
The goal is design an attractive informative screen that provides basic weather information about a location. The target screen is sized 600 wide by 760 high in portrait orientation. The screen is black and white and supports 16 levels (4 bits) of greyscale.
The final deliverables must include:
1. Final mockup as 760x600 4 bit greyscale gif
2. elements of the mockup - e.g. borders, miscellaneous graphical elements
3. individual files showing the different types of weather per the table above
4. source files (e.g. psd or svg) for the above images
See the attached mockup that illustrates the following elements we require:
1. The location for the weather report shown
2. This sections shows the most recently reported weather (i.e. at 3:29pm today)
3. an image showing the cloudcover and precipitation - see below for the complete list of
4. the predicted temperature range (high / low)
5. day of the week for this forecast -- 5 days total: today + 4 ahead
6. Wind direction (N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW) and speed
7. Chance of rain - not displayed if the chance is 0
8. Text description of the weather and/or unusual events
The attached pdf contains the specifics of the 15 small weather images (e.g. sunny, cloudy, cloudy + rain etc) that are needed as part of the deliverable.