adeco is a producer for entry door panels from Germany. If you would like to take a closer look at our doors right now, you are welcome to visit our homepage: http://www.adeco.de.
At the moment we would like to redesign three different entry doors models: Enna, Lorana and Consis. The three doors are quite simple in their design and have different sized of rectangular glass cutouts. However, at the moment the glass cutouts only have a few designs. This is something we would like to change:
We are looking for new designs for the glass cutouts.
Details and approach:
1. First of all, take a second to get familiar with the models. In the attached catalogue you can find the model Enna and Lorana. For consis check out this link: https://www.adeco.de/die-serien-und…ea/consis/
2. After checking out the models, you might have realized that the link shows you Consis with a patterned glass cut out. We are looking for patterns in this style, but there are some new possibilities for your design which we would like you to include:
3. What’s new? Our glass supplier recently showed us that it is now possible for him to engrave „grooves“ into glass (I hope this ist he correct term – take a look at the pictures attached to see what I mean). These grooves are done with sandblasting and can be done at two different levels:
Level 1 = Ligther Sandblasting 1 mm groove -> you can still see what’s going on behind the glass or at least see the shawdows or outlines of things
Level 2 = Stronger Sandblasting 1 mm groove -> thus you can barely look through the glass
4. What else? Furthermore, you can still partly use clear-glass for your glass design. We do not have to sandblast the whole glass cut-out from the door, but would like you to develop a glass design which combines sandblasting and clear glass and also includes sandblasting grooves.
5. What we are looking for is difficult to explain, so for your deeper understanding please check out the images attached. I took some pictures from our glass suppliers samples from the grooves. You will see that the „see-through“ level varies between Level 1 and Level 2.
Also check out the link for the consis model once more. The glass pattern also uses the two different levels of sandblasting and clear glass. Basically we are looking for something like this which includes grooves.
6. Manufacturing restrictions: we can only do vertical and horizontal grooves. Diagonal or Round shapes are not possible.
7. What do we like? Our style for entry doors has always been very minimalistic. We don’t like anything too playful and the style has to fit to our portfolio. Feel free to work with stripes or rectangular or squares and surprise us with your approach, but remember less is more to us.
We are looking forward to your designs and will quickly respond to your approaches.
PS: Just in case you were wondering - as the first briefing didn’t give enough information about what we are exactly looking for, we have decided to reset the competition and start all over again. :)