She did great work and not only implemented all my suggestions but she was also very creative and added her own ideas.
How maiko.schaffrath started their app design journey
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Chin is a project that wants to help in the current refugee crisis. We want to enable normal citizens to help refugees in their area to integrate themselves. To pitch the project, we need a great design, that helps us find support to realise the idea. The winner will probably be asked to design a logo that fits to the app design.
On the "chin" App, local users can find and chat with refugees in their local area and vice versa. They can start to communicate by using emoticons, pictures and can thereby overcome the barrier of not speaking the same language. This builds trust and in the end they can arrange meetings for language classes, go to the local market together or spend time with each other doing other things. So "Chin" really is meant as a "CHat to INtegrate", thus the name.
What do you have in mind for the style and theme of the app?
It should be friendly, warm and easy to understand and use.
For the logo im thinking of a big smiling face with a big chin (see attached photo) :). If your design would involve a logo, this would be a clear benefit!
We are looking for creative ideas since we are not quite sure about the look and feel. So we want to invitie to use your own ideas :)
1. Welcome Screen. A screen that welcomes users in a friendly way and explains what Chin is and how it can be used.
It should route to:
- and information page where users can find general information about refugees and ways to support them
- a matching plattform, where users can get to know refugees that have settled in their area
- their message folder with all the conversations they started so far
- possibly there is something like a news feed in the center with news regarding refugee welcome initiatives
2. User profile screen.
For example of a person living in the City of Berlin. It should show:
- their photo
- Name and Age
- Country of origin
- interests ("cooking, reading")
- what they would like to offer to refugees ("language classes, market shopping") or are looking for from locals
3. Chat screen: A screen showing two people connecting to each other and chatting with emoticons and written language. Maybe they ask their names and where they are from.
Again, if there was a logo idea involved, this would surely help :)
What to avoid
This is an app that should connect people to each other.
Anything discriminating should be strictly avoided