Katerzyna did a fantastic job with my project. She did her research to understand my vision and company, went to extended lengths to perfect every detail of my design, and was very easy to work with. I highly recommend her!
- Max Khramov
Max 'got it' from the start. His entries were way better than anyone else's. Great to work with
How yolanda.vieira started their app design journey
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
The project consists on the design of the layout for a 'mobile first' app for video communications for the workplace.
We already have a prototype that follows the Material Design guidelines and we need the layout design. The app has a name (Kast) but we will also need a logo.
We need an experienced graphic designer who is familiar with Lean UX approach to interaction design and that have already designed the layout of mobile apps before.
This is an opportunity to work on an innovative project doing layout and branding. Because we are one of Brazil's better known startups its likely that the app will become huge.
What do you have in mind for the style and theme of the app?
Kast's main goal is to shorten distances on the workplace communication. We want to bring the practical aspects of B2C products to the work environment. Therefore we thought about a visual identity
that despite being suited for B2B isn't your typical "for work" product.
- We want something that brings the simplicity and proximity of a B2C app
- We want something clean, innovative, fun and practical
- We don't want anything too serious, heavy and enterprise-like
- We'd like to follow the Material Design guidelines
- Typography doesn't necessarily have to be the same as the prototype's
If we had to choose one app to serve as as visual benchmark that would be Path Social (https://path.com/moments) although it doesn't have to be red and white.
And if we had to choose an app to serve as an example of what we do NOT want visually, it would be Yammer or any other that uses the IBM's navy blue to show itself as a business app.
We already have a very good prototype of what the app should feel like. It's attached.
The screens described below will be sent with an attached prototype. There are more screens on the prototype but only the 5 ones listed below should be considered.
1. Feed: On the feed screen the user can access a feed of content posted by the people they follow. This content can be audio or video. Clicking on Channels will take you to the next screen.
2. List Channels: This screen lists the organization's channels divided into the channels the user is already subscribed to and a list of the other channels created for that company. Examples of channels: IT, Human Recources, Product, Marketing, Family (the whole company)
3. From the screen 1 (Feed) is also possible to go to the "Trending" screen, where the user will se the company's trending channels and content.
4. Channel: Entering into any channel will take the user to that specific
5. The user's profile
What to avoid
Dark branding that reminds too much of a "Corporate"product (such as IBM, etc) or Uber (too high tech).