*** BRIEF UPDATED ****** A 2 part logo is required for an Australian business called the Wombat Trading Company. A "wombat character" is required based on the Australian animal called the Wombat, and is to be used both individually and as part of the full logo. Funky, Fresh, Unique, Different and Characteristic is required.
Wombat Trading Company
Single colour (Black on White, White on Black, Blue on Cream etc... to be used in a range of various colours depending on the required mood, and on the intended media canvas)
Concept : The Wombat Trading Company needs a logo focusing on a character of the "Wombat". My client is after something very simple, funky and fresh and different.
He likes the feel of the following business. Its a brand of wine called Fifth Leg, who use a single colour cartoonish dog as their emblem. http://www.fifthleg.com.au/ : Note the unusual font style of the wording of Fifth Leg, utilising a non-standard font to convey a uniqueness.
**** UPDATED BRIEF****** The Wombat only needs the face displayed. No limbs or body.... The Wombat needs to be looking straight forward, not away from the viewer. *******
Important!!!! : The Wombat needs to convey a range of different moods. If someone is in a jovial fun mood, the wombat needs to come across as being cheeky and fun. If the person is in a bad mood, then the wombat needs to come across as if its a little cross, upset or angry. : Basically, the wombat needs to convey the same mood of the person looking at it.
Design/Shape : As wombats are fat and round, a logo which fits into a square canvas is needed (not a wide/narrow, or tall thin shape). The wombat character needs to be used on its own, but also as complete logo with the wording "Wombat Trading Company".
The full logo needs to be a circular shape, similar to the feel of the "MGM" logo with the lion in the middle and the wording around the outside, but still keeping with the fresh, funky font style, single colour etc.
- Logo needs to be used both as the Wombat character only, as well as the full logo.
- Wombat face only.... no body or limbs.
- Wombat needs to be looking at the viewer.
- Logo created as 1 colour. To be used on a variety of backgrounds so needs to work as a single dark colour (black/navy etc) and as a single light colour (white/cream etc)
- Font needs to be interesting and non-standard or formal. Note the Fifth Leg style for reference
- Round Logo to fit within a square canvas.
- The winning logo needs to be provided in the following formats : PDF, EPS, High Res JPG and the master files provided also (Illustrator or other programs master files)
- The winning designer will need to provide a, Invoice or Tax Invoice following the payment being made.
- The Wombat needs to convey various emotions depending on the mood of the viewer. May have whiskers, but not neccessary.
- Wide/Short logo, or Tall/Thin logo design
- Multi Colour designs.
- Script fonts
- Standard fonts