We're looking for a logo to create our website around - a webspace for sophisticated wine junkies!
What is wineau (think wine-o)? It's the place for wine lovers both on and off line. Most importantly, Wineau is all about keeping track of the wines you drink - the good, the bad and the ugly (especially the ugly, so you never drink it again).
When submitting designs, think about people who drink wine (ALL the different types of people) and the various places where wine can be had. In the past, we've hosted wine tasting events that incorporated wine tasting with new music sampling. So the design is something that would be "appealing" to people seeking a NEW wine experience.
Brands and things we like:
- WHotels (http://www.whotels.com)
- Bliss Spa (http://www.blissworld.com) and http://www.billiondollarbrows.com)
- Clean lines and color
- Sophistication without snobbery
- George V Eatertainment (http://www.buddha-bar.com)
- Use color, don't be scared! We like it.
- The usual - something "eye catching" and "unique" but not overly complicated or abstract.
- We want to be able to create a favicon (icon in internet browser).
- Vector Format, please.
- Overcomplicated designs.
- "Old' world designs (crests etc.). Remember - sophisticated wine junkies - "W Hotels" not "Waldorf Astoria".
- Reflections. None of the basic web 2.0 reflecting logo.