How AgileWeb.com started their logo design journey
Update: June 6th, 2008, Thank you for all your submissions! We are half way through the contest. I going to start rating and eliminating the logos to narrow down the winner. You are welcome to enter the contest or resubmit another concept.
I am aiming to launch a web developing firm that will provide solutions and services to professionals; big business, organizations, and CMS Shops (Drupal Shops, Joomla, Typo3 etc).
Agile Web (AgileWeb.com)
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Our focus is on creating solutions for big business, universities, and municipalities, to create new sites / products / web services and/or update their sites to web 2.0 standards.
Agile Web wants to take part in the web “Change” movement; leading our clients to more web 2.0 standards – making the web more social, efficient and fun.
Although Agile Web is looking for a solid corporate look, creativity is important in this industry. The logo needs to represent that from
the design (designing websites) and creative software / web solutions aspects.
Here are some sites I think represent what I want to acquire
in the Logo and Design contests:
(love the site colors and call to actions, not so much the logo)
- http://acquia.com/blog (love
the logo, but the site is “ok”)
(the color pallet is nice)
- http://www.agileweb.com/files/exciting.png (the colors / people image are attractive but the layout and content flow is not friendly. I wanted to show this as I mention colors in the "what I want" section)I will have no problems of giving a reference, when needed, for the
winner. I reserve the right to end this contest early if the “perfect” logo
comes early – so don’t wait until the last day to submit your logo.
- Clean, corporate, and fun (to help remember)
- Must appeal to professionals - our clients will be spending big money with us, they need a good first impression when visiting the site.
- Must be friendly cross culturally. AgileWeb will provide services to other countries.
- Web 2.0, the logo needs to illustrate that the company knows about the social change, social media trends and technologies.
- Creative, although AgileWeb does not plan to excel in design solutions, we will in providing web based solutions and services. The logo needs to reflect that we are creative.
- Colors, I am leaning towards blues, light oranges, and yellows. I am not a design professional so I am open to ideas and your input.
- Taglines, would be nice to see with the logo submission.
- Explanation, please explain your idea and thoughts into the logo.
- Final files need to include full hi-res files in .psd format as well as normal sizes for use in Site, Cards and Letterheads
- None yet. I will update this as logos are submitted.