Our site FatTuesday.com needs a new more professional looking logo. Fat Tuesday is another name for Mardi Gras so we are interested in a logo that uses New Orleans symbols and Mardi Gras themes such as the fleur de lis, masks, beads, and the colors purple, green, and gold. We are looking for a logo that looks classic but carries the vibrant and unique flavor of the New Orleans Mardi Gras.
Our website FatTuesday.com, is a site devoted to providing information about the New Orleans Mardi Gras. Mardi Gras translates to Fat Tuesday in English, and it is a time in New Orleans where tourists flock in to experience Mardi Gras, one of the biggest free parties on the planet. The celebration includes parades, elaborate costumes and masks, live music, and heavy eating and drinking. In New Orleans, we use the colors green, purple, and gold as symbols of the carnival season. Other traditional Mardi Gras symbols include vibrant masks, costumes, beads, and the fleur de lis. You can find more information on New Orleans Mardi Gras history and photos of the celebrations online. The logo does not need to include the themes I have listed. I think the best way to describe the type of design I am looking for is something classic in style that gives the ambiance of the New Orleans Mardi Gras season. I am open to seeing both simple and complex designs.
- Elements of New Orleans and/or Mardi Gras; green, purple, gold, masks, beads, Fleur de Lis, etc.
- No goofy fonts
- Traditional symbols but innovative
- If using a Fleur de Lis, make it unique
- Conveys a meaning- whether you
go with a logo that is "fun" or "traditional" or shows the character of New Orleans it should have a particular feel to it that matches the site. For instance the Nike "swoosh" shows the feeling of speed.
- Basically, a "brandable picture", but with the company name as well.
- The picture part of the logo should be able to stand without the words.
- Can be used as a favicon
- no goofy or bubbly style fonts
- no cartoons or caricatures
- no drab colors