My name is Andrew (Drew) and I recently left a consulting firm to develop custom CMS solutions, web applications, and mobile apps using open source tools. I work primarily with WordPress, Drupal, and sometimes Joomla, but I do lots of work in php, ruby, html / css, etc. This is not your usual web development shop, though. I am a consultant who advises on strategy, planning, and most importantly marketing and SEO.
Medium and small business owners, executives, marketing managers, social media marketing firms, executives at medium sized businesses, third party marketing companies, PR firms, non-profits, etc.
The audience I would most like to get are the kinds of marketers and entrepreneurs who follow more of a Seth Godin sort of philosophy - standing out in a good way is better than being traditional.
Requirements for the contest have been updated. Please review the new project brief, which I hope is easier to follow, and more simplified.
I am looking for an icon that is:
2) has a symbol of some kind, not necessarily one that has anything to do with "609" or the idea of south (arrows pointing down, etc.), though. It can be random, it can be abstract, I just don't want it to be a copy of any other company's design, and I want it to be simple, yet sophisticated.
3) I am looking for a brand that is clean, clear, and sophisticated. No more than 3 colors if possible for the letters and numbers, and limited colors for the graphic.
4) I want the icon shown to the left of the word 609south, or above it. It would also help if the catch phrase "Adventures in Technology" can be shown underneath the company name "609south"
5) I prefer green in any tone mixed with different shades of gray and/or black. Please show your design on a white background and a black background if possible. Yellow and/or silver can be added in moderation as an accent color are yellow, silver (with 3D / shine). Please don't go overboard with using too many colors at once, though.
6) Graphics and text should have a shine on the top half so that it looks more 3D.
7) Compass or compass-related graphics are a good starting point. They don't have to point south, just please make them as simplified as possible.
8) Try to follow the "web 2.0 / 3.0" design style of modern websites and applications, which are less formal, but interesting and professional in appearance. (ie basecamp, drupal, adium, evernote, ***Campfire***, or any native OSX app, etc).
9) some thought starters: a compass - must be simple and blend well with the colorscheme. A roadsign like this: http://imgur.com/kvrlN or this http://imgur.com/uZ2pL ***PLEASE DON'T JUST COPY THESE EXACTLY. They are just ideas to give you a direction.
I still want to see more logos going in the direction of the top entries of the contest, but remember that I am not going to choose a logo with no symbol, or any logo that doesn't follow the requirements listed here.
*** Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Do not steal the work of other contestants or you will be immediately banned from the contest. ***