Mogeek is the absolute best designer that I have ever worked with. I am a very difficult and demanding client and expect only the very best. He exceeded my expectations in every way. By the time we were done, I felt guilty not paying him more. If you have the good fortune of being accepted as a client by this designer, you should run, not walk, as fast as you can toward his work!
How bigswarm started their logo design journey
Create a logo that can function across print and digital, and for many purposes (business cards, web sites, etc.)
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Swarm is an independent company that creates original entertainment and interactive projects driven by mass audience participation and opinions, with several online projects launching next year. The idea behind what we do is to break the mold of who is reached and how ... predominantly by using the Internet as our platform. We might produce an animated sci-fi epic or help plan a revolution, and our brand needs to feel that way. Because we are in such broad domain, we may operate as Swarm Agency, or Swarm Toys, or Swarm Entertainment, etc. ... so "swarm" is the key element of the brand, and may end up being used without the secondary definers. From a 'feel' standpoint, Swarm should feel like a powerful and dangerous collective. A gathering. Something that cannot be stopped. It's dangerous, maybe even hazardous, but not haphazard. Subversively precise. Exuding a confidence without trying too hard. (PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME VARIATIONS ON A MORE 'COLLECTIVE' FOCUS, WITH ROUNDER, MORE PLAYFUL FEEL HAS EMERGED AS WELL ... THIS WAS BEYOND THE BRIEF, BUT HAS EVOLVED A BIT .... SO TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT AT WHATEVER YOU THINK WILL WORK)
Some concepts/ideas are below (all up for debate):
- Possible 60s retro feel (like a secret government agency from that era).
- Possible seal or mark (not necessarily literally, but when you see one of our projects, it could be like a noticeable stamp of approval).
- Possible abstract representation of a gathering(NOTE: western union added as payment option - additonal WU fees to be deducted from total via this option)
- Ideally in 2D (flat space) ... or at least a flat version
- Should be able to hold up for years (with evolutions rather than do-overs)
- Must work well in both color and B&W (and inverted) - color scheme up to designer
- Must work well at small sizes (top corners of letterhead, etc. - can it pass the postage stamp test?)
- Should lend itself to an animated ident for use at the front of film or animation projects
- Should include symbol or graphical mark
- Should feel subversive, but also substantial (a certain element of sophistication)
- Would be great to have a combination word mark and symbol mark that could be broken apart (even better if the symbol mark is cool enough on it's own to sit on the front of a t-shirt or something).
- 3D (unless there is a very good flat variation)
- Bevels (unless you know something I don't about bevels)
- Web 2.0 chrome or reflections
- Absolutely no literal representation of bees, hives, hornets, or anything else to do with that type of swarm