The project is to make a logo for a liqueur brand that will be sold in Costa Rica. Should look something like an Estate Crest with tropical elements, I want to project a long family history of tropical plantations. The flavors of the liqueur will be coffee, coconut, macadamia and cacao.
Rich Coast Estates
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
We are creating these flavored liqueurs to sell in hotel and boutique giftshops in Costa Rica. Costa Rica has a climate a lot like Hawaii with tropical plants and birds like tucans and parrots, and a volcanic, mountainous landscape. It is very common to see coffee plantations, and an interesting feature that could be incorporated is the Arenal Volcano (http://www.arenal.net). These are all elements which could be used in the design, a good resource may be http://www.visitcostarica.com
- a clean logo that can be easily printed on a bottle directly, not a label. So try to limit the colors to less than 6 to 8. The print area on the bottle is 5cm wide by 15cm tall.
- an elegant crest that projects a long family history, kind of like a cigar brand or a good rum.
- try to incorporate elements that represent Costa Rica
- this should be an upscale logo
- There should be a master logo for the brand(the crest) and each flavor should have extension of the master logo. For example, if we have a 2 liqueurs (coffee and coconut) Each should have the master logo/crest on the bottle and way to distinguish the coffee liqueur from the coconut liqueur. I would like to see examples of the coconut and coffee designs for a bottle using the print area above.
- - too many elements or a busy logo
- - old fashioned or pirate themed design.
- - tiki or Polynesian design.