We need a flashy logo that will create a brand image for our band, will sell on t-shirts or other merchandise, as well as be the backbone of our online presence.
Who's Bad is the World's #1 Michael Jackson Tribute Band. We are in dire need of a new logo/image that will convey the energy we bring to stage, and if possible, will also show that we are a tribute to the King of Pop. The issue is finding the right iconic image that will convey both of these things. We have tried in the past to show that we are a full sized band, with a horn section, within our logo but the logo ends up looking too busy.
I personally feel that we need to simplify and create an image that just looks "cool". The logo has to be something that I would be proud to wear around town. It also needs to be something that someone who knows nothing about our band would see and would think to themselves, "That's a cool looking logo.. I want a t-shirt!".
I think to successfully do this, we could incorporate a little bit of Michael Jackson's image but mostly get creative with the "idea" of Michael Jackson's style (color schemes, etc). If you can think of an image that subtly hints at Michael Jackson and incorporate it into the text of "Who's Bad?" that may work. Additionally, if there's one iconic image (fedora hat, moonwalk, glove, etc) that you can tastefully incorporate into the logo, that could work as well.
- Main title: "WHO'S BAD?"
- Possible tagline: "The Ultimate Michael Jackson Tribute Band" (may not be necessary if "WHO'S BAD?" looks good enough to stand alone)
- Color scheme: Any and/or all of the following: Black, Red, Gray, White, Silver
- Must look professional but should appeal to younger crowds (for merchandise).
- The font should be legible, but a possibility is to make it look like graffiti, as if it were spray painted on a wall by a gang member...
- For an example of previous attempts at logo designs please visit http://www.whosbadmusic.com/designs. These have all come close but have not quite hit the mark for what we are looking for. Overall, I think they are all too busy, except for the very last image on the page.
- We don't want something cheesy (too much "glitter") or something that could contain copyright infringement.
- Logo should not be too busy -- the emphasis is "WHO'S BAD?"