The Original Chicken N Rice
We are a family owned chain of fast food restaurants that focuses on selling asian-inspired fried chicken tenders. Our goal in creating a new logo is to further differentiate our name and brand image from the numerous imitators(Crispy Chicken & Rice, MJs Chicken & Rice, Famous Chicken N Rice, etc) that have been opening up in the area.
We are considering changing our name to "The Original CNR" if it will help in creating a logo that will be easily identifiable, simple, have a timeless design, and be eye catching.
We strive to offer our customers a high quality product at a low price with fast and friendly service.
Please view our website at http://OriginalCNR.com to get an additional understanding of our culture, atmosphere, menu items, etc.
Facts about our customers:
- Mostly lower income minorities(hispanics and african americans) with low literacy rates
- Generally blue collared, labor intensive workers
- Lunch time clientele - construction workers, city department male workers, white collared office workers, families with children
- Night time clientele - mostly families, younger males
We are looking for a logo that will represent us in a memorable way while also distinguishing ourselves from our numerous imitators. Designs can represent either the name "The Original Chicken N Rice" or "The Original CNR".
We would like it to convey our core values of providing a low cost, high quality meal with fast and friendly service. We were established in 1989 and would welcome a design that was able to seamlessly incorporate that fact into the design. Our current color scheme consists of a goldish yellow and red.
This is something we would like to use on our storefront sign, promotion ads, menu, menu board, expense checks, letterhead, labels on sauces, signage, aprons, uniforms, etc. It should be easily identifiable, simple, have a timeless design, and be eye catching.
We don't want:
1. No Cartoons - we want it to be playful but not cheap or childlike
2. Nothing too elegant - we do not want to come across as being fancy. We want the locals to feel like they can afford to eat here a couple times a week.
3. The typeface should be clear, simple and bold. We want something that stands out. Again being careful not to be too fancy.
The files we will require are:
Print file format - .ai (CMYK)
Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)
Please do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo
Have fun, be creative, and good luck!