We are a non-profit organization with beta website at http://www.jolkona.org. We will be doing our public launch in little over a week and we would like to have a new logo before the launch.
Jolkona means "drop of water" in Bengali and the current logo reflects that. However, we would like to get away from the "water" theme because our organization does not exclusively deal with water. With the new logo we would like to avoid the connection with water. Our goal is to allow donors to make small donations to projects and to see proof of impact for every donation. We would like the logo to have a component that we can use in other parts of the site. For example, in our projects page - http://www.jolkona.org/projects - we use push pins to show our projects. It would be great if the logo had a piece that we can use as a pin in that map. Since we are a non-profit start-up we can't afford a huge budget right now, but we hope we can still find some good ideas.
- Our new tagline: Your choice. Your impact. Your world.
- it should have a color piece that allows us to theme the logo (e.g. green for Earth Day, red for World AIDS day
- logo should include the new tagline
- can include Jolkona or Jolkona Foundation
- we are targeting the youth with our website... so, we would like to use funky web2.0 colors
- use our website to get idea of our theme colors
- let's not do too many colors
- not wider than the current logo and preferably not much higher
- not explicitly related to a water theme