What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Company: Resolver Systems
Resolver Systems have developed a tool called Ironclad. Its purpose is to help programmers who use the Python programming language take add-ins that were developed for one flavour of the language, CPython, and use them in a different one, IronPython.
Our main product -- apart from Ironclad -- is a spreadsheet called Resolver One, which is sold on a commercial basis. We have developed Ironclad under an open-source license, so it is freely available to people who want to use it. This means that we would like users of Ironclad to be reminded of our spreadsheet product when they look at the Ironclad documentation -- so the design should in some way reflect our existing logo.
- White background.
- Colour combinations that do not clash with the grey/orange theme of our website.
- Clean, simple design.
- Some kind of echo of the Resolver Systems logo.
- I'm interested in seeing designs both with and without the product name in them. There's no need to have the company name in there.
- Designs should not include snakes (overused in the Python development world's logos).
- Nothing "cute" -- no cartoon animals etc.
- The product's name is "Ironclad", not "IronClad", so:- Definitely no internal capitals.
- We'd prefer not to have the two halves of the word visually split in any way (eg. different colours). This is not a hard requirement, but we're likely to prefer designs that don't do that.
- Similarly, we have a preference for designs that avoid initials like "IC".