We need a new logo that visually incorporates our vision of building resilient communities and self reliance, in the face of climate change, peak oil and the economic crisis.
Transition US or Transition United States
We are part of a a very fast-growing large international community grassroots movement known as Transition Towns. We have a process and methodology for engaging communities to come together and co-create a positive and abundant vision for the future, addressing fossil fuel depletion, climate change and the economic crisis.
We are a positive, upbeat, fun, green non-profit with a powerful vision and methodology for changing the world.
We address both the inner and outer transition that is needed so that we can create effective, inspiring and long-lasting solutions for a low carbon future.
Our branch of the movement (Transition US) needs a new logo to put on our website, and other marketing materials.
Please visit our website http://www.transitionus.org (ignore the logo there, we do not want to be tied to that brand)
This will give you more of a flavour of who we are and what we do.
Please also visit the ning sites http://www.transitionus.ning.com (with links to over 70 US Transition sites) and note that we would like to differentiate ourselves from these sites through our logo and online identity
Our logo could be Transition US, or Transition United States
- Greens, blues and / or earth tones (black is also OK)
- Organic designs (we like the logo at http://www.wiserearth.org )
- Professional, clear and clean, not too "corporate"
- Scaleable for other printed materials such as business cards, letterhead etc.
- We'd like to offer a version of our logo as a stamp for official groups that join our growing network, so it would be good if it could be designed with this in mind. This could be a separate logo design that we could work with you on after this contest.
- Our tagline is "rebuilding community resilience and self reliance" but it doesn't necessarily need to be incorporated into the logo
- Our mission is: to inspire, encourage, network, support and train communities as they consider, adopt, adapt and implement the Transition model
- The Transition Network is the international organizing body, and it would be good if our logo somehow tied to theirs (although it is not essential). A copy of this logo can be seen on the home page of our website in the text at http://www.transitionus.org
- We could be Transition US, or Transition United States
- All copyright must pass to us upon payment of the prize for this contest
- Anything too corporate
- Bright, bold, garish colors
- Must not look like clip art!