Visual Dreamz did a fantastic job and was even willing to help with any minor changes after the contest. They got the idea of what my client wanted, and overall experience was very positive. It was very exciting to see my raw idea become a reality with such a talented designer.
How monica carter started their logo design journey
After seeing entries want to edit my wants since no one has shown me anything I envisioned (esp. in typography) and the scary queen thing is not working. My fault for writing that in the description. Don't worry about typography, let's just stick to an image of the queen, whimsical (please look at Dailycandy.com illustrations). I have an idea of her sitting down, wearing a big tutu like skirt with a bunch of rotten apples around her feet. I don't want her to look evil - but pretty, smart and a little melancholy. Think Carrie from "Sex and the City" for clothing (but with dark hair) and again look at Dailycandy.com.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
I am in the midst of earning a Masters in Food Science, and am particulary interested in food safety - which is what my website will be about. I am also a mom and a wife and want to appeal to that group audience. I also want it to be different that the other food safety sites - that serious, but more whimsical and punchy... and with humor.
- Item 1...the tagline is "Eat no Evil"
- Want whimsical, creative take on the snow white queen.
- Want a pretty queen, wearing a dramatic skirt (tutu-like), melancholy, sitting with a bunch of rotten apples around her feet.
- Please look at DailyCandy.com as those are the type of characters I want.
- Item 1...I don't want anything that looks fluffy, disney, bubbly or too ornate.
- I don't want anything that looks like it's clipart and easily done.
- I don't want the gothic look (in font or illustration)