Ecologic is a sustainable packaging start-up with a hybrid bottle comprised of:
1) a molded fiber outer shell
2) a thin inner liner that holds the liquid inside
The ecologic bottle will replace rigid plastic containers & laminated paperboard cartons (that are not recyclable) for products such as milk, juice, laundry detergent, household cleaners & yogurt.
- the ecologic bottle has the functionality of a rigid container with a re-sealable cap
- can be customized to a brand's specs
MOLDED FIBER SHELL
- made from 100% recycled material (Old Corrugated Cardboard boxes)
- 100% compostable or re-recyclable with paper
LINER & CLOSURE
- up to 70% less plastic than comparable plastic jugs
- liner recyclable with #2 or #4 plastic
- simply pull open shell to separate 2 components
- liner is recycled or minimizes waste
- outer shell is biodegradable, compostable, re-recyclable
VISION: Ecologic will be the premier sustainable packaging company in the US with a disposable bottle that is gentler on the earth. By choosing the ecologic bottle, consumers can make a difference one bottle at time.
POSITIONING: Ecologic’s bottle is gentler on the earth, offering a breakthrough design while protecting product quality & freshness.
PERSONALITY: approachable, authentic, clever, a protector (captures the idea of protection-protecting the product inside & the earth)
PRIMARY TARGET: Female head of household who is the primary purchaser of dairy, juice, wine and laundry products.
SECONDARY TARGET: 18-24 year olds who will create the mass buzz and be our disciples.
In a 6-week store test with Straus milk, the ecologic bottle got 72% lift!
STRONG CONSUMER ACCEPTANCE AND PURCHASE INTENT
In tests with our target consumers we found:
- Consumers have a powerful emotional response to the bottle and immediately understand the eco benefits
- Consumers told us the bottle is "Conscientious", "Modern" and "Green". "Finally!" they said, we are "ready for it".
NEW INFORMATION: WORD MARK ECOLOGIC NEEDS TO FIT IN A VERY NARROW SPACE WITHIN THE HANDLE/GRIP AREA OF EACH BOTTLE. EXPLORE SIMPLE COMBINATIONS OF WORD MARK WITH A VERY SIMPLE GRAPHIC ELEMENT. ECO AND LOGIC AND BE STACKED TO FIT VERTICALLY IN THE GRIP/HANDLE AREA.
1. Logo (word mark & icon) MUST BE VERY SIMPLE so it translates well to pulp debossment on every bottle. Size of debossment is 1 square inch or smaller. Narrow lines do not work well! This is perhaps the trickiest part of the project and must be considered in any logo design.
2. Icon must be able to stand alone without the word ecologic next to it in a 1" square or smaller
3. Icon will most likely be placed in the grip area of the bottle
4. logo/icon must span multiple categories from milk, juice and wine to laundry detergent, fabric softener, soups, yogurts, motor oil, cosmetics, etc.
5. Icon can be part of word mark or independent of word mark
6. Must work with tagline: Packaging the earth can live with