Logo design for Kinsey Confidential (kinseyconfidential.org) a sexual health site and podcast produced by the Kinsey Institute for Research in Sex, Gender and Reproduction at Indiana University.
We're looking to create a fresh identity for the site appropriate for a college aged audience (18-25 is the target demographic)
Winning designer will receive $200 and credit on the site.
Please read design brief for more details and specific design deliverables.
We're redesigning the website for Kinsey Confidential (kinseyconfidential.org). The new site will include a sexual health blog written by students and researchers, a twice weekly sex Q&A podcast, archived newspaper columns (also in Q&A format) and various other sexual health resources aimed at a college aged audience.
We would like to create a new logo for the site and the podcast that could also be used in print material (details regarding design deliverables are below). We're thinking something fresh, clean, a strong logotype and wordmark that incorporates the Kinsey Confidential name. Designer will be credited on the new website.
Design deliverables to include (in PSD or AI format please):
- Logotype- Wordmark and Type Treatment ("Kinsey Confidential"), should be able to standalone, with or without the logotype, should be able to incoporate the .org as well (that is, either "Kinsey Confidential" or "KinseyConfidential.org"), we would like to see both versions if possible
- Podcast logos: 300x300 and 75x75 pixels square, text ("Kinsey Confidential") must be readable at the small size, you can see the current logo here
- All of these can obviously be based on the same logo/design concept, but these are their final uses, so we'd like to see the logo in these various contexts if possible. The website logo would likely be either also square or a horizontally oriented banner style image.About Kinsey Confidential:
- 120,000 annual podcast downloads- 50,000 unique visits/month to KinseyConfidential.org- Podcast offered through NPR, featured on Dr. Ruth, hosted by sexual health researcher and Men's Health columnist Dr. Debby Herbenick
- More Information hereInformation about the Kinsey Institute here.
- PSD or AI format (CS3 or CS4)
- Try to use commonly available fonts (or at least be willing to let us know where we can obtain them)
- Clean, Modern, Professional (but not stuffy)
- The site is about sex, but we don't need to play it up. Fun and flirty are ok, graphic depictions or suggestive imagery are not
- Appropriate for 18-25 target demographic
- You may want to incorporate the site's present tagline ("sex, love, relationships") but you don't have to
- You may also want to incorporate the Kinsey institute logo and/or the color teal (see, for example: kinseyinstitute.org)
- see above