We like to run and bike, but could enjoy it more. So we're making an app to make working out more fun. Not ready to get into the best features yet, but the app plays music, tracks speed, distance, maps the workout, etc. It even keeps people safe when they work out.
Check out http://roadbud.com for more info.
This is a new product for a pretty recent market (people who want to use their iPhone while they run).
The product is made for athletes (runners, bikers, walkers, skiers, etc). However, the primary market is runners. Others will figure out they can use it too.
It should appeal to women as well as men
I suspect the target market trends older. 30-50 years old. (iPhones are expensive)
1) clean, crisp, simple design - the product will be partly sold on having a clean UI. Think Nike, Apple, Shell.
2) should work ok with colors of website
3) would be nice if image plays on: a) "rosebud" b) "iPhone earbuds" c) running friend "road bud"; if it doesn't have any of these elements, it can still win - clean, crisp is primary objective
4) logo should include text ("roadbud", tagline to side), but look great alone. Tagline is expected to change (maybe "Run happy"?)
5) These are hints, but I'm no graphic designer. Go play and create whatever you think is great! I'll give lots of feedback.
a) photoshop files with multiple layers
b) versions that looks good on dark or light background