Chris Kresser L.Ac
I'm a licensed acupuncturist and practitioner of what I call "21st century medicine". It's based on 7 principles:
1. Personalized. Treats the patient not the disease. Recognizes the biological uniqueness of each person and avoids cookie-cutter approaches.
2. Investigative. Addresses the underlying cause of disease (rather than just suppressing symptoms) so that lasting healing can occur.
3. Functional. Tests and treatments designed to promote optimal health and function, not just manage disease.
4. Preventative. Focused on preventing disease before it occurs.
5. Integrative. Views the body as an interconnected whole, and incorporates the best of both modern and traditional medicine.
6. Evidence-based. Tests and treatment are laboratory-guided and based on cutting-edge medical research.
7. Participatory. Educates and empowers patient to play active role in the healing process.
I'm launching a private practice in Berkeley, CA as well as an internet-based, long-distance consulting practice serving a national and international clientele.
My passion is helping those who haven't been able to find help anywhere else. I have an analytical mind and a knack for getting to the bottom of complex, difficult-to-treat conditions. I love to learn and my treatment protocols are constantly evolving to reflect the latest research.
- Well-educated about health and wellness.
- Motivated to play active role in maintaining health and well-being.
- Open to holistic medicine and willing to learn about their condition.
- Appreciates evidence-based approach.
- Can afford the services I provide.
- Primarily women aged 25-65, but will include men and women of all ages.
- Local (SF Bay Area), national and international (primarily U.K., Australia & Western Europe) clientele.
- Somewhat tech-savvy.
- The logo should read: "Chris Kresser L.Ac". I'm open to a logo that is simply a graphical treatment of my name, or one that has a separate graphic and my name.
- It should also contain the tagline "Medicine for the 21st century". But I'd like to see two versions: one with the tagline, and one without. (The deliverable could be a PSD file with the tagline on a separate layer.)
- The logo will be used on business cards, my website and on stationary and brochures, so it should be versatile.
- I prefer clean, minimalist design. It should reflect the 21st century principles described above, but also be bright, warm, inviting and relaxing. Avoid high-tech, "spa" and "clouds and angels" aesthetics.
- Colors: avoid pastels. I gravitate towards muted earth tones, and especially like combinations of brown and orange/umber, but feel free to experiment.
Here's a link to 20 favorites I chose from the LogoStore to give you an idea of what I like: https://99designs.com/readymade/favorites/466825
- Will be used on biz cards printed by 4by6.com, so need an EPS in CMYK as well as web-ready PNG or JPG in RGB.
- Also need layered PSD file (with tagline on separate layer) or 2 separate layered PSD files (one with tagline, one without) and a CMYK vector AI (for signage).
Because this is my first project, I can't guarantee it right away. Once it gets to 10 designs it will be immediately guaranteed.
A business card, brochure and website project will follow, so get this right and you may have more work coming your way!