Minus is excellent and quick to respond to all inquiries.
- alejandro p
How Bri.m.wang started their logo design journey
Hi, we're Richard and Brian and we're currently building Fitocracy. Fitocracy is a web/mobile gaming site that is designed to make fitness and health a funner experience. We became very good friends in college due to a common interest in fitness and bodybuilding. After working in corporations for a few years, we both decided to start a technology company together.
Due to our backgrounds in fitness, we wanted to focus our energy toward how technology can make it a better experience. Only later did we find out we both also grew up playing a bunch of geeky RPGs. And that was our aha! moment.
Gaming mechanics are fast becoming the story of 2010 and for good reason - they make things funner and can significantly affect user behavior. Fitocracy will be a game layer on top of users' fitness activities that will help motivate them to improve their fitness while letting them have fun at the same time.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Our initial target audience:
- Tech savvy
- Likely owns a smart phone
- Active on Facebook and/or Twitter
- Age 17-40
- Has an interest in fitness (getting started or already active)
- Would like to increase motivation for fitness and/or enhance the experience
- Has a very basic understanding of fitness & nutrition (in other words, not completely clueless)
- Has experience playing games in the past, either via phone, video game console, computer, etc
The logo should:
- Include the word "Fitocracy" in it
- Convey a sense of playfulness and fun, but not overly "cartoony"
- Convey a sense of activity / fitness
- An accompanying image with the text is not strictly necessary but preferred. Ideally this would be something we could use as the icon for a mobile app/favicon
- Color scheme should be bold but simple. Maximum of two colors involved, gradients are ok on a limited basis.
- Site logos we are fans of: Foursquare, Gowalla, DailyBurn, scvngr, 37signals, Skype, Arcaplay, Shopify, FanPop