We are looking for a professional logo to represent our new brand as a non-profile community production facility. Formerly "Community Access Television", we are expanding our horizons to incorporate the evolving world of media on many levels.
Dakota Media Access
Dakota Media Access (DMA) is a North Dakota non-profit, 501(C)(3) corporation with a volunteer board of directors drawn from the community. Originally incorporated in 1987 as Community Access Television, the organization was renamed Dakota Media Access in 2008 to better reflect the changing media landscape and the services we provide to the community. DMA serves the cities of Bismarck and Mandan by managing the production facilities, equipment, programming and distribution systems for the area’s public, educational and governmental media needs.
To foster free speech and public dialog by making access to the electronic media available to all citizens through media training, access to media tools and transmission paths on a non-discriminatory basis.
To enable, support, and promote the production & distribution of electronic media programs by and for education, government, charitable, or other non-profit organizations, residents of, or members of a group which operates within the communities of Bismarck and Mandan.
To strengthen our community by building partnerships and networks to leverage emerging technology for non-profits, government, education and other organizations that would not otherwise have this capability.
To strengthen our community by using media to:
-facilitate the sharing of information and democratic involvement
-enhance community dialogue and freedom of speech
-encourage community involvement and civic pride
-create an awareness of local interests, views and cultures
-promote artistry and creative expression
- A logo that will work in color or black & white environments including print and online
- Design elements and fonts need to be strong, clean and very professional.
- Logo must be delivered as a vector EPS image that can be scaled for print in any size.
- We would like to see the logo displayed in both a color AND black & white scenario in your design submission.
- The logo has to incorporate the themes of "rural community" and "high tech" as much as possible. We market to small communities and deal with high tech medium. If you have questions here, ask.
- Cartoony or cheesy design elements
- cheesy or cute
- Too "busy"
- Too "generic" (must represent our mission)