I loved working with sketcho99, came right out of the gate with great ideas and I felt like paid close attention to my description and the vibe I was going for. It was really easy to work with Adi and I would definitely come back for another project and highly recommend!
Shyne33 is a fantastic designer to work with, who understands a brief excellently. I fully recommend them!
- SilverFox Design
This designer came in to the last day of our contest and just went in a completely different direction than any of the designers before him. He instantly stood out from the pack and was able to differentiate our company from our competitors extremely quickly.
Clear and professional communication was provided from John the entire time and it was very very easy to get the exact result we wanted in a logo. It honestly felt like he was just reading our minds, even with his first entry.
We'll definitely be requesting SilverFox Design again and will always recommend him as a goto option for anyone needing services he provides.
- Production Staff
Got the brief immediately and very impressive turn-around.
I am very thankful I found 99designs. It was very easy although I didn´t know it before. Everything is completely explained.
I´d like to thank rajenndra for the excellent work and for the very good files. They´re prepared well.
Great experience - all feedback was incorporated. Very happy with the logo
How harrycS started their logo design journey
Who are you known as?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Umkhathi Wethu is an investment holding company based in Johannesburg, South Africa. We invest in established as well as start-up companies, providing them with growth capital, strategic assistance and financial sophistication. (Private equity & venture capital).
The target audience includes sophisticated business owners as well as entrepreneurs looking to raise capital.
“Umkhathi Wethu”, translated to English from Zulu, means “Our Space” or “Our Universe”.
Consequently we are looking for a logo that captures this meaning / translation.
More about the business:
• Investment holding company
• Entrepreneurial (2 founders are only 2 employees)
• Make equity investments into a range of companies – established companies (private equity) as well as startup-up / newer ventures (venture capital)
• We invest into a number of industries (for example: FinTech, InsurTech, Healthcare, Logistics, Renewable / Solar Energy)
• Our focus is on:
o Buying, building and most importantly, growing these businesses
• Our culture / philosophy is that we are flexible, entrepreneurial, and not status quo. And definitely not corporate – hence the “Our Space” or “Our Universe” translation
• Business is expanding internationally
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Accounting & Financial
What colors do you want to see in your design?
To give us an idea of the overall feeling of your brand, let us know which styles you lean towards
We are flexible and open to ideas. However, if we were to give some input, it would be as follows:
Due to the meaning of the name – “Our Space / Universe”, we had the idea of our logo encapsulating the following (alone or in a very limited combination (simple), or something entirely different if you have an idea):
• A planet;
• Star / stars;
• Planet with rings (i.e. Saturn-style);
• One of the above or an appropriate combination (but obviously not all of it as we want it to be relatively clean)
In terms of style:
• Simple / clean
• We would like to capture the text in the logo: Umkhathi Wethu
• We would also like the ability to use the logo alongside the shortened name “UW” if necessary
• Initially thinking black/white/grey but happy to take suggestions
• Ability to invert to print on white paper also important