Self Summary: CEO/Founder of a Solar Development Company. Working to change the energy dynamics in the US. Solar is finally an affordable and a reliable alternative to traditional power sources. My interest in starting this company is to be the agent of change, to create wide spread awareness about Solar making it an easily understood and affordable house hold & commercial technology.
The philosophy is to enable customers to OWN their personal power generating asset. In this effort the company strives to educate and clear the fear, confusion and doubt about Solar Energy.
Sunduce is a Solar Development company which is to say that its not a consumer product. The typical decision makers are CEO/CTO/high exec staff. The message to get across is the following
- Crisp, Clear, simple and powerful avatar & logo. No crowded logos or band logos that create confusion
- Trying to get across reliability and the ubiquitous availability of the Sun. Clear the confusion that its not affordable
- Its a bold renewable energy company marching to the future.
Emotions that i am planning to evoke:
- Comfort and confidence
- Hope, Optimism, a sense of place in history
Thinking of an avatar like Cingular, MSN, AOL etc. to make it human, trying to hit on emotions of familiarity and comfort but incorporating Sun some where , either the face glows like the sun with rays going through Sunduce.. or any other creative idea.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Demographics: Commercial companies from Coca-Cola to WalMart to even local sports store thinking/wondering about Solar Energy
Predominant Audience: Decision makers, CTO, Operations chief, Facilities.. Typically people who are traditionally smart and get influenced by simple and clear concepts
Age : Everywhere from 30-70
Education: Highly educated
Interests: Audience typically interested in returns from investments, with an average environmental conciousness
Opinion: Something simple but powerful. Hinting about Solar but without overdoing it. One example is (http://www.sunpowercorp.com). No rock band type logos.
- Firstly, Sunduce is a play on words to mean producing energy from the Sun. Sun and pro "duce"/ in"duce" making it Sunduce
- I want the logo to be cursive writing. I mean something on the lines of Coca-Cola, Kelloggs or Google. This is just a preference and if something more compelling comes out, more than willing to adopt it.
- Please create logo for just the name "SUNDUCE" and not for "SUNDUCE ENERGY"
- Please incorporate no more than three colors over all. Yellow/Green --> for obvious solar reason. Blue --> Dependable, trustworthy technology
White for color balance ..
- Simple design but powerful to show way of the future. Either an earth or a green concept. Please stay away from green leaves or saplings etc.
- Some way to convey clean and dependable energy...
- Sunduce is to produce energy from Sun. Conveying Solar Energy is critical
Some of the kind of logos i really really like
- http://www.sunpowercorp.com --> Love the flash based work on the "O" but yet elegant and powerful.
Here are some DO NOTs or things to stay away from
- Reversed letter graphics
- Band type logos that create lots of confusion and distraction
- No money bills, dollar signs or anything to convey affordable or cheap
- No flipped letters or upside down graphics
- No animals, dolphins or anything of that nature
- No pink or any feminine colors