Poverty Bay Coffee Company Optional Tagline: Small Batch Micro-Roasters
Poverty Bay Coffee Company is a Pacific Northwest based small batch, micro- roaster specializing in 100% sustainable, shade grown coffee. Our relationships with our Farms go back 15 years and we offer all of our growing partners well beyond Fair Trade prices for their beans.
As an artisan roaster Poverty Bay is centered around the principles of
Sustainability, Relationships from the Farmer to the consumer, offering a premium roast at an affordable price. We are fully owner operated.
We are undertaking a full brand face-lift and are looking for a logo to match this persona. We will also be designing packaging, window stickers, website and a brochure and hope, through the logo design process, to identify a great designer to partner with on all of our assets.
The logo should be elegant and creative. We need to convey artisan, social consciousness and a little bit of an edge (U2 meets Johnny Depp). Our company has a progressive point of view and should feel authentic, comfortable and artistically pleasing.
25-54 year-old progressive Americans who are:
- Conscientious consumers
- Digitally savvy
- geo-oriented (care about where and how their projects originate and travel)
- Purchase local and artisan products
- Aesthetically Conscious
- interested in taking personal "green" actions
- activists and advocates
- Should have a bit of a look or feel/ color palette of coffee but ok to branch out and get wild here.
Designs could incorporate/ but don't need to... (we're leaving this wide open):
- References or imagery to Pacific Northwest
- Some elements from previous logo
(check us out at Povertybaycoffe.com and you'll see why we need a new logo!! and full rebrand)
- References or imagery from Central American folk art or poster art.
- Visuals representing Shade Grown
None of the are "required"...just some themes we've discussed internally.
Fonts styles we like:
unique but not distracting
Creative Director is very open to communicating with designers to provide more info. email@example.com
PS: We'll send the winner some awesome coffee too!
References attached are from a couple of packages/ similar brands we like.