We need comprehensive brand identities for two integrated organizations: a socially responsible business and a educational non-profit organization. We're looking for integrated design that will convey our brand across many needs: printed business material (logos, biz cards, post cards, promo pieces, stationery and press release templates and promotional portfolios to hold the promo pieces) and web properties for both organizations. We're starting basic, but are looking to scale, so if your design is selected, we'd expect to offer repeated business.
Portland Ontological and The Center for Consciousness and Integrity
Portland Ontological (PDXO) and The Center for Consciousness and Integrity (The Center) are integrated into a single, scalable, social entrepreneurial venture whose business objective is to socially engineer human culture by increasing the number of people living lives of deep conscious awareness of their connectedness to themselves, their fellow living creatures and their environment. We believe individuals who have transcended their egos and are living lives from deep conscious awareness can have a profound impact on humanity’s future and the planet’s future too. We believe this is critical if humanity is to fully take advantage of new opportunities future technologies will offer us.
Our first market offerings are speeches, workshops, seminars, published articles of our work and philosophy and special events that introduce people to and inspire them to connect with their deep conscious awareness leading to six behaviors we believe are critical to humanity's survival:
- A commitment to reduced material consumption
- A commitment to reduce the pursuit of physical and emotional egoic needs and desires
- Increased commitment to environmental stewardship and behavior changes that stem from it, reflecting an awareness that we and the environment are one
- Increased affinity and relatedness to the plight of one’s fellow human beings through spiritual practice
- A choice to pursue a life free of suffering of all kinds for self and others
- Increased joy and passion for life resulting from reconnecting with one’s conscious awarenessOnce they are inspired by our products, which will be marketed predominantly through PDXO subsidiaries, people can put their inspiration into action through programs and education provided by The Center. The programs and education provided by the Center are simply modernized versions of age-old tried and true methods of achieving self-awakening delivered in the modern context, and opportuntieis to participate in Community building experiments in partnership with participating municipalities.
To support the launch of our first products, our speeches, articles and events we need two logos, one for PDXO and one for one of its subsidiaries, Perry Gruber Limited. Perry Gruber Limited is the operational front through which PDXO offers its speeches, articles, events and seminars. So we need separate logos for PDXO, the "Parent" and Perry Gruber Limited "the subsidiary." Given that the two companies are related, there should be some "tie-in" to the two logos.
The logo for Perry Gruber Limited needs to express both the nature of our work and the nature of a professional lecturer, public speaker and writer. The logo for PDXO can either use the acronym or the actual spelled-out name of the company.
Please consider these points in your design:
The tagline for PDXO is "Build community, leave a legacy, create the future....Let's do it differently." If possible incorporate this into the PDXO logo, but don't get all wrapped up about including it. If it doesn't work, there will be other designs (such as our website) where it can be included.
An integration between the two logos should be apparent, without them appearing identical
If possible, the Perry Gruber Limited logo should include some kind of reference to PDXO such as: the tag line "A PDXO Company"
Our target market is Baby Boomers (people between the ages of 44-60) so both logos must communicate:
- Maturity, but not old age
- Social responsibility
- Trust and believability
- Connectedness and community
- Elegance and a sense of the timeless
- We are not a New Age organization, so no galaxies, mandalas, buddhas, bamboo, unicorns or anything else conveying allegiance to the New Age or spiritual movement.
- Please no religious connotations, we are not a religious organization
- No cartoons, please