Park Tree Investments
I’m a distressed debt hedge fund manager looking for a logo that speaks to what we really are – a company that is working loan-by-loan to help put borrowers back onto their feet, one house at a time. We’re creating a brand new investment approach to non-performing mortgages – educating our borrowers and helping them tackle their mortgage challenges, all-the-while making good returns for our investors. It’s a simple enough concept, and it’s taken us 4 years to develop and to refine. And now, we need to bring our brand in line with our company – and for that we need the best creative minds we can find.
I’m looking for you to innovate on this design.
The investment world is viewed as a sophisticated and buttoned down industry. We need to come across as solid, trustworthy, incredibly dependable. And yet, we’d like to think that we’re different than everyone else. We aspire to a unique blend of social instinct and solid investment-management. Our logo needs to lead the charge in demonstrating that.
This is an investment company providing a website, eventually multi-media courses, trainings and tools to three target markets:
Banks: they want to sell their loans. They’re looking for investment firms they can trust. Ones that won’t kick people out of their homes, cut corners to make a quick buck, foreclose willy-nilly. They want viable business partners they can hold up to the media as counterparties who are helping them to rebuild the American household, mortgage by mortgage.
Investors: they want a place to invest their money. Park Tree funds want to be the highest-yielding, socially-responsible investment funds in the marketplace focused on residential mortgage debt.
Borrowers: these are our clients. They should see our logo and feel an immediate sense of trust and cooperation.
I'm looking for a simple, professional logo (image) with our company name. It should be clean but bold, simple but reassuring.
We will brand our website, print materials and other digital content with this logo.
The logo should include the following:
- Professional (clean, recognizable image, contemporary, but more than just a simple shape)
- Need to convey a safe, reliable, trustworthy firm
- No cartoons or gifs – keep the style professional
- Modern/professional and possibly contemporary
- No script or calligraphy
- Bold and clear
- Contrasting color in font from icon for emphasis
- Greens - this has been our traditional color (see http://www.parktreeinvestments.com)
- Blues- could take over the existing green and splash a new look altogether
- Golds / greys (not sure about these – black and white might work)
- No clip art, no frills, no fancy logos – keep it professional