We are looking for a logo that represents a unique brand identity for our global venture, which is aimed at accelerating the international success of our client organisations.
SB2 International Ventures
IMPORTANT UPDATE: The designs so far are good, but we are looking for more emphasis on the venture's core concepts rather than having the brand name (SB2 International Ventures) being front and center, such that we can use the logo without the brand name - e.g. Nike's Swoosh. We need to depict the core concepts of:
- global reach (i.e. international business networks)
- "expressway" metaphor - an expressway is a highway for high-speed traffic with at least partial control of access - but without tacky road linesORIGINAL BRIEF:
SB2 International Ventures aims to provide a comprehensive and well orchestrated set of services aimed at accelerating the pace of international success and wealth creation for its Client Organisations. The primary drivers for the international venture, on which it will be measured, reflect the need to: a) Accelerate International Success, b) Enhance Collaboration and c) Drive Economic Growth.
SB2 has a programme of services it refers to under the umbrella of the “SB2 Expressway”, based on the expressway being the fastest route between two points, with clearly identified on-ramps and off-ramps where appropriate. Hence, there are three areas within which specialised programs and services are focused: 1) the On-Ramps, 2) the Off-Ramps and 3) the Expressway in between.
As a global venture, we will develop on-ramps and off-ramps in strategically targeted regions around the world, so we need the logo to reflect multiple "expressways" linking various regions of the world. Our thinking is that the two key elements that need reflection in the logo and brand image it represents are 1) global reach and 2) the expressway metaphor.
Future work could be given to the successful designer around the broader brand identity portfolio and online presence.
- professional and reliable, while still innovative
- concepts it should represent most of: expressway, international/global, networks, acceleration and growth
- reasonably strong and clear style, not too busy
- preferred colour palette is greens, reflecting freshness and growth - e.g. darker or more olive/moss etc. and not bright such as apple or lime green
- need in .PNG / .JPG formats and vector format (Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator 9.0 above .ai or .ai.svg)
- design with thought to future uses, such as ability to create flash multi-media for website or presentation template
- anything unoriginal
- no cars, real pictures or the like in reference to expressway metaphor
- SB2 must not be in lowercase
- nothing tacky or cartoon like