Love the design and working with FIKA! Prompt response to revisions. Thank you FIKA! Would absolutely use FIKA again.
- olen fans
Thanks! You did great work!
Great cooperation. All wishes and adaptations were implemented professionally and quickly. Thank you!
like everything so far, more to follow
How cliffsteele started their logo & business card journey
Who are you known as?
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Steele Ventures is a London-based Micro VC fund focused mainly on late seed stage B2B marketplace, FinTech, and SaaS startups. We also invest outside these stages/sectors -- when we have high conviction.
[Also see web site steele.vc for more information -- our first web site, but one that we will probably stick with for the next 1-2 years]
We are highly educated and in our 40s, but typically invest in entrepreneurs between the ages of 25-45. The entrepreneurs may not always be traditionally highly educated, but they are always very sharp, with a strong vision for their company and an unreasonable drive to make it succeed.
What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Accounting & Financial
What colors do you want to see in your design?
Other color requirements
I'm also open to other designer-suggested colours.
To give us an idea of the overall feeling of your brand, let us know which styles you lean towards
Here's how we're a bit different to other venture capital funds (micro and otherwise -- and keep in mind micro is not so small, as we would invest £25k-£100k in any one company):
- We have broader industry and operating experience than many other venture capital firms operating in London. Often venture capitalists come from other financial sectors, whereas we have worked in senior roles not only at Google, but also as founder-entrepreneurs of our own startups.
- The above means we often have insight into opportunities that other venture capital firms may not. We also generate insight by simply doing our homework better to dig deeper into the non-obvious opportunities, while a larger more traditional venture capital fund might have a more less sophisticated, more junior 'first-pass' evaluation filter.
- We fund ourselves (rather than via third parties as is traditional), at least for the time being, and we hustle. That means we source deals from our own networks, make fast decisions, but care deeply about those decisions and the companies as we're investing our own money.
- We are also atypical in that we're not arrogant -- we help where we can, and get out of the way where we can't. We also don't think we always need to be geographically close to the company to invest in it or help it.
- We've been investing since 2011 (though at the moment I'm not highlighting that explicitly on the web site) and been exposed to venture capital since 1999, so we're not following a fad here. Thought worth mentioning as there has been an explosion of micro VC funds, especially in the US, in recent years.