What do you have in mind for the style and theme of the landing page?
I must admit this is very much open to your interpretation as I am a developer. I do however know that it needs to look very sexy, very simple and something that when I look at it I think. Yes thats what I want to build and look at for the next 5 years :)
The whole experience is on one page. So everything should be accessible from there.
If i had to go with a general direction I believe flat design would be roughly where I'd take it. Illustrated potentially as well.
Single Page application is exciting for me. The design will also work on mobile, I will however address this after this design. Or give bonus points if it does include mobile.
I also think it's worth stating that you do not need to follow any of the designs from the previous. I do consider this a rebranding as well a new site. If you would like to use it feel free, but don't let it hold back your artisticness :)
Elements to include in the landing page
There will be 1 question with 2 possible answers. I have gotten excited about a full page view with all other aspects of the site popping over the current site. Those will be:
- 2 Adverts - 1 Top Banner, 2nd footer/side depending on the design. If the design is really great I may miss out the adds :)
- 1 Question 2 Answers
- Or (between the 2 answers)
- Display the results of the question that was just answered. Percentage and total number that agreed/disagreed with your vote
- Share button for current question
- User who added question
- Total Number of votes already taken place (before voting on question)
- User Comments
- Link to mobile Apps
- Small navigation, could slide out from side (user settings, sign up, submit own question etc)
I am sorry to give you so much to think about :( But maybe this is a nice challenge :)
I'm just a developer who loves building things and absolutely loves working on great designs. I'm envious of all good designers. You make my life happy :)