This website is a self-service website for consumers to book car shipping for their vehicles. It needs to work similar to travel booking web sites (kayak.com, cheapoair.com). The objective for the website is to build credibility in a short period of time that users spend on the website. Biggest obstacle, and the main reason why, users don't complete the purchase on our website is credibility. Just think of your experiences online, you don't place an order on a website that doesn't look trustworthy.
Website needs to have "rich" look and feel, unlike cookie-cutter templates that can be purchased online. In other words, we need to present the user with a website that portrays image of a reliable brand that builds trust and credibility so that the user feels comfortable booking an order on the website.
We need a desktop and mobile layout.
To accomplish that the design needs to be rich and pleasing to the eye. No cartoon like graphics or cute designs. We are looking for a professional look. Colors need to be primarily royal blue and an inviting green. Page needs to contain following elements:
- form that will flow like the one on our current website at http://shipyourcarnow.us/ss/v4
-- design for all form elements that are used on that form
- "credibility building" section that will contain reviews, links to review websites, etc
- menu at the top of the page will have links like "Why" "How" "Who", when clicked a "speech bubble" will pop up providing more info (we don't want users leaving this page)
- design for "trust" elements like on CheapOAir website: Best Price, Easy Booking, 24/7 Customer Care, Online Order Tracking
After the users has assured themselves that they can trust this website/company to book their order they will interact with the form. The form needs to be super easy to use and self explanatory. We like the design and UX of the https://www.kayak.com/flights form. We want our form to work exactly the same, but it needs to collect different set of data (data that is collected on this form: http://shipyourcarnow.us/ss/v4)
Broad outline for the form workflow is this:
- User enters origin, destination, date, vehicle(s), transport type, and running/not running
- website will present up to 8 options (need a really clear design for presenting these options)
-- These options will be:
--- Least expensive route
--- Flexible dates
--- Guaranteed dates
--- Next day pickup
--- Enclosed transport
--- Small transporter (3-5 car carrier)
--- Exact pickup and delivery dates
--- White glove service
Each option will have a "more" button that, when clicked, will present more information describing each service. Design should include visually appealing elements that match each service type. For example on Kayak.com the design includes airline logo, visual representation of direct vs. layover trip, etc. We want similar unique design elements that are appropriate for the service type.
Next few steps on the form are dedicated to collecting information needed for the booking. All the steps can be seen by following the form progression on our current website. We also need design for the "exit/thank you" page.