These characters will be utilized on our company's website as well as other areas of our marketing. A rough mockup of our new web design is included for reference(ONAIR_Mic-Concept-mock-up. potato.jpg). This is not a final design, only meant to show you what the concept is and where these illustrations will be used. We really want these characters to be fun, lighthearted, toy like, and be brought to life! Think of Mr. Potato Head or Toy Story.
It is important that the details in the illustrations aren't too small since they will be already reduced in size in order to fit on our website. If certain character elements need to be exaggerated in order to make the service obvious, that's OK with us. The features of each character need to clearly represent the corresponding service offering.
Included in the materials is a sample of a illustration we worked on with another artist (Microphone Illustration Concept.jpg). This is only to portray the general concept of what we're looking for. We do NOT like that particular style and found the character features were not strong or obvious enough to convey the service (phone too small, character features didn't stand out, colours didn't work with underlying microphone image).
Here is the list of each of the 10 services along with our suggestions for character features for each microphone character. For this contest we would like the designer to select at least one of the services and one of the provided microphone images which they think they can best showcase what they could design. For a more detailed description of each of the 10 services please refer to the included word document (On Air Service Descriptions.doc)
Professional Phone Greetings
- A call center representative, on a headset, talking
On Hold Messages
- Waiting on the telephone while on hold, twirling phone cord, bored
- Something representing a teacher, pointer, chalk board, book, etc.
- Maybe a play button representing YouTube videos
Broadcast Voice Overs
- Antenna, broadcast waves,
- Something representing global, multi language, worldwide
- Something representing a tour guide, hat, or name tag
Text to Speech
- Robot, or computer/tech looking character
- Something indicating peer to peer recording, tin cans with a string, or two faces split on each side communicating with each other.
- Business suit, power point, presenting to an audience