What industry do you think your business is most related to?
Art & Design
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
This is an art project. I have a Twitter account where I post haiku: @17morae. I'd like to try creating merchandise—coffee cups, for now—out of the ones people seem to like.
Target audience: people who like art. And poetry. And coffee.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
A coffee cup that expresses and showcases ONE of these haikus:
morning coffee is
not so nearly liberty
as afternoon tea
dreams of tomorrow
memories of yesterday
sleeves rolled up today
the deeper the well
the sweeter the water but
prime the pump you must
you entered this world
howling naked and afraid
so quit complaining
Please pick whichever one of the four sparks the best idea. I will pick the design that I think best reflects the chosen verse. Feel free to check the twitter account @17morae; if you find one there you like better, use it instead!
I would like the verse to be visible on both sides of the cup, and we will be using the Zazzle template. Please select a mug style that best suits your design.
- No upper-case or punctuation in the verse, please. Lower-case and new lines only.
- Please incorporate my Twitter handle (@17morae) into the design.
- I am looking for expressive imagery, so please no pure-typography designs.
- Hand-drawn text (as opposed to stock fonts) is more than fine!
- I would like the verse to be visible from both sides... either repeated, or large enough to wrap around if that is your idea. OR... verse on one side and twitter handle prominently on the other!
- Please ensure your design fits one of the Zazzle coffee cup templates! i.e. fitting the travel mug is a nice-to-have, but I'd rather pick a single cup design--a real coffee cup--and make it really stick.