We are looking for a character design for our upcoming game. Our game genre is going to be a first-person horror style game designed to truly scare all of the players on the game. We're very excited to create this game and have you be part of developing some of the characters.
First things first. The overall feel (and adjectives) to describe the game. The game will be a 3D game. It is going to be dark. You won't have much color or light differentiation between light and dark. Our game is designed to be a realistic and/or real-world. Everything in the game is designed to be intimidating. So should this character!
Now to the character. The character is going to be your version of an alien like creature. Keep in your mind a drone like, aggressive, sound receiving creature.
This creature will have the following (mandatory):
- Realistic style
- No eyes
- A method of sensing sound. You may want to include something that gives sound feedback - Think outside the box!
- Be a Non-traditional design (think of a 1960's alien)
- Have something that could kill the main character quickly (fangs, teeth, claws....etc)
This creature will have the following (artist discretion):
- Height - 6’ or so
- Head: Intimidating and/or scary. I'm not going to want to take my eyes of this creature even though something else is going on in the game.
- Skin type - partially wrinkly and clammy looking skin
- Mouth - Entirely open to your thoughts and concepts. What's scary and intimidating to you?
Further adjectives: Dark, Intimidating, Stationary but ready to move instantly, Aggressive, low intelligence, drone
- Overall purpose: This is going to be designed as more of a chess piece for the game. They will move when you character moves. Think of a stationary attack piece. Just waiting and watching…..as soon as you mess up, it starts to move towards to.
And finally the Background:
- Looking to have a dark background with interior (house) items around the creature.
Reference Image Links:
Image #1: http://bit.ly/2saYy4Y
Image #2: http://bit.ly/2sKokeO
Image #3: http://bit.ly/2rVMz6S
Image #4: http://bit.ly/2tdlsYs
Image #5: http://bit.ly/2tPpx34
Image #6: http://bit.ly/2ub3IdM