It was a pleasure working with Creativebit! He asked a lot of questions and tried to fully understand about my business and my goals with my design. I pride myself in being a good communicator, but seem to struggle to put into words the vision I had in my head. He helped greatly with this and helped guide me to the best end result that I was so pleased with. He continued to make changes for me after I awarded him the winner and was extremelly responsive. I am very grateful for the help! Thank you so much!
How Brainscape started their button or icon journey
Brainscape is an educational iPhone application that uses a "flashcard" system to help users study nearly any subject (e.g. Spanish Vocabulary). The central theme of our brand is that we use a scientifically optimized algorithm to help people learn as fast as humanly possible.
This contest is to design an icon for our iPhone application that can be re-purposed for many different versions of the app (e.g. Spanish, medical school, law school, geography, etc.). Check out our website at http://www.brain-scape.com or by viewing the attached screenshots
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Brainscape users are tech-savvy, comfortable studying online and on their iphone (or Android phone). Typical users are adult learners studying foreign languages, older students studying for standardized tests (SAT, Medical School, etc), and college students creating cards for their courses.
THE IMAGE SHOULD
• clearly convey learning FAST (perhaps using a lightning bolt, a “speeding” flashcard, a brain, or some other metaphor for LEARNING effectively)
• use Spanish as the sample content, although the app should still . . . .
• be re-purposable for any type of content besides Spanish (e.g. medical school prep), meaning that we can easily switch out a piece of this main icon to create a totally new app
• possibly (but not definitely) contain a line of text such as "Flashcards," "Learn Fast," "Spanish," etc.
THE STYLE SHOULD BE
• expensive / 3-dimensional
• clean / simple / not too high-resolution (i.e. it should look clear even when very tiny)
• smart/Professional (not a cartoon)
• 512px X 512px
• using a color palette consistent with our brand, but looking very unique so that it stands out against competitors (see our website and the attached iPhone app screenshots)